Coyote Swap Driveshaft??

CameronPage

forum member
Reaction score
So I've been looking and lurking on all kinda forums and threads and can't find this info that I'm looking for. For the guys that have did the coyote swap...what did y'all use for a driveshaft? From flange to flange I've got about 56 11/16 and I know the 11-14 shaft is around 56 5/16 give or take. I'm can't find any info on whether that is stagnate, fully compressed, or almost fully extended with the slip joint that comes normal with the 05 and new cars. I've called around and no one will even talk to me about a shaft..all they wanna do is tell me that they can build me one for $800-$1000 dollars which is crazy. I've tried just about everyone I can call. Ford performance was the most helpful saying they believe their 11-14 shaft would work on my car. I've found where I can cut the ranger shaft down and get it welded and balanced but I'm not sure how fast I can spin it or what kinda power it can hold. Any info would be grateful if someone can point me in the right direction! This is my last big excursion to having this thing 05 to 16 car rolling.

travelers

Reaction score
I had a '07 with a ranger drive shaft and had no problems with it. It was dyno tunes to 310hp

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
If you're going to diddle with a Ranger shaft just have a driveshaft shop locally produce a custom one for you. It'll be strong and should be definitely way under 1000.

The real Q is what trans are you using for this project?

The 11-14 DS is two piece so, there really isn't much in and out movement because the centre bearing is fixed in place.

CameronPage

forum member
Reaction score
If you're going to diddle with a Ranger shaft just have a driveshaft shop locally produce a custom one for you. It'll be strong and should be definitely way under 1000.

The real Q is what trans are you using for this project?

The 11-14 DS is two piece so, there really isn't much in and out movement because the centre bearing is fixed in place.

If your going that high I would talk to Strange or Mark Williams

Shaftmasters has me covered for a really good price

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back