Going from dragstrip/street to street/corners

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I upgraded the front brakes to the brembo kit (M-2300-S) recently. My expectation was a better experience than what I get from the stock rotors and Hawk HPS pads--coming down from speed has been white knuckle at times. My Focus ST brakes are stellar, and really bring the car down from speed. With the pads included in the Brembo kit on the Mustang, frankly, I just expected better. Without an exercise to actually measure the braking distance my observation is seat of the pants, but I am so far underwhelmed.
Do you know what pads were shipped with the kit?

Norm

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you know what pads were shipped with the kit?
Norm

Ford Performance site has the following:

Front Brake Pads
Ford Service Part: 7R3Z-2001-A
Motorcraft: BRF1484

Rear Brake Pads
Ford Service Part: CR3Z-2200-A
Motorcraft: BRF1486

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I suspect they're still an OE street formulation of some sort, without nearly the 'bite' of even an entry-level track pad such as Carbotech XP8 / G-loc R8.

Norm

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Good grief; do you read before you post? Norm was saying to use the highest hole on the brackets, meaning when the car is lowered, the arms would be parallel to the ground.

The highest holes on the brackets provide for a 2" drop. Only way the arms will be parallel to the ground is if 2" lowering springs also used. (This assumes the arms were parallel to the ground with oem springs, and even that will vary slightly, depending on tire diam used).

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I forget that this is actually one of the few good pads Hawk makes. Do you have them personally?

Yes.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/3841/Project-Mustang-50-Part-9-Brake-Overhaul-with-Hawk-Performance-and-Disc-Brakes-Australia.aspx

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back