I'll never buy from AM ever again...

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with AM till purchasing my Shelby CS40 wheels! Don't get me wrong I love the way they look on my mustang, My problem is Shelby moved their wheel manufacturing plant from China to the USA and all their wheels are now made in the USA! which is great!So I thought when i purchased my CS 40 wheels all of them would have made in the USA on them! but only the 20x9's are made in the USA and the 20x10's are some of their back stock that they ship out that was produced in China in 2014.. I have waited for right at 4-5 months waiting on the wheels to be back in stock and thought that all the wheels would be from the new tooling and all, the 20x9's where made in 2016 and the 20x10's where produced in 2014.. any way once i received the wheels i called customer service at AM and told them about it and the rep told me he couldn't guarantee that if he sent another set of 20x10's that they would be made in the USA or with the new tooling.. I kept complaining but he did offer me $20 off my next purchase,which i told him I wasn't interested in! the 20x10's even came with different end caps, which they did send me two correct ones like the 20x9's, but still I'm not happy that two wheels are made in China! and two are made in the USA..but at this point I'm done with talking with AM! All i can say i hope the next customer that buys wheels from them gets what he paid for! cause i shore didn't!!!! I did offer to buy another set of the 20x10's if they could make sure it had made in the USA on them and once they got back the other 20x10's after inspecting them and seen nothing was wrong with them give me a full refund for the other wheels! Any way I hope everyone has better luck than I did!
PS up till this point i never had a complaint with AM! fast delivery and all.. Oh well ..Done with the rant!!!! If I wasn't suppose to post this here!sorry just think others need to know...

Good day..

Attachments

• china made.jpg
    china made.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 14463762_10205777646314057_1688869505_n.jpg
    14463762_10205777646314057_1688869505_n.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 301
  • 14463701_10205777647034075_1467569432_n.jpg
    14463701_10205777647034075_1467569432_n.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 14459794_10205777646634065_1416376574_n.jpg
    14459794_10205777646634065_1416376574_n.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 301
  • china wheels1.jpg
    china wheels1.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 47
  • china wheels4.jpg
    china wheels4.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 48
  • Bleakley Ford 2016 2.jpg
    Bleakley Ford 2016 2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 52
  • Bleakley Ford 2016 1.jpg
    Bleakley Ford 2016 1.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 51

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I think you're being unreasonable. You ordered Shelby wheels, you got Shelby wheels, they look exactly like they are supposed to look without any visible defects but you have an issue with the fact that you received some older stock?

Tell me you wouldn't bitch if AM didn't carry anything in stock and just drop shipped everything as it was ordered? So they maintain a rather overwhelming inventory and sometimes some higher priced items might sit on the shelf a year or two. They are still brand new and still carry a full warranty starting from the day you received them.

As far as the 'made in China' crap, that's just crap. They were good enough for Shelby to put their name on it and you were even aware that they had been made in China. Did you specify that you insisted on receiving new stock made in the USA when you ordered? Not that anybody will ever know and nobody else will ever give a shit, either.

Just scrape off the 'made in China' sticker and put a 'made in the USA' sticker on it instead. Then pull up your big boy pants and quit crying over something so stupid.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yeah, what Brian said ^^^^

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^^ What Brian, Gabe and Kato said. You sound like a whinny little bitch.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I think you're being unreasonable. You ordered Shelby wheels, you got Shelby wheels, they look exactly like they are supposed to look without any visible defects but you have an issue with the fact that you received some older stock?

Tell me you wouldn't bitch if AM didn't carry anything in stock and just drop shipped everything as it was ordered? So they maintain a rather overwhelming inventory and sometimes some higher priced items might sit on the shelf a year or two. They are still brand new and still carry a full warranty starting from the day you received them.

As far as the 'made in China' crap, that's just crap. They were good enough for Shelby to put their name on it and you were even aware that they had been made in China. Did you specify that you insisted on receiving new stock made in the USA when you ordered? Not that anybody will ever know and nobody else will ever give a shit, either.

Just scrape off the 'made in China' sticker and put a 'made in the USA' sticker on it instead. Then pull up your big boy pants and quit crying over something so stupid.

One) it's mot just a sticker you idiot! it's stamped in the wheel! two) when you pay for something you expect it to be what you paid for! 3) I could care less what you think! 4) Like I said i'm done with asking them to fix it..
Oh and any time your ass is in ga and you want to say that crap to my whinny ass face,that you say over the internet ! feel free and I'll show you what a whinny ass Ga whopping feels like...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Since I tend to be more descriptive than most in explaining my opinion, I tend to draw more hate than most. Funny how every person who replied in this thread agreed with me but I'm the only one threatened with an ass whipping. Fuck off, asshole.

You're probably a Hillary supporter, also.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
One) it's mot just a sticker you idiot! it's stamped in the wheel! two) when you pay for something you expect it to be what you paid for! 3) I could care less what you think! 4) Like I said i'm done with asking them to fix it..
Oh and any time your ass is in ga and you want to say that crap to my whinny ass face,that you say over the internet ! feel free and I'll show you what a whinny ass Ga whopping feels like...

ojkh1.jpg

Last edited:

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
/\ there's the issue, you assumed, you didn't verify.

\/ does not indicate where they are made

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-shelby-cs40-20x10-0512.html

I understand your disappointment, however, IMHO, you putting it on AM is not justfied

boxs and wheels both say made in China, But just delete the post! done with this issue.. sorry to put it here.. Tired of so called people that one minute act like your friend and the next want to call me names, I was just giving heads up! but it's cool..Have a good night..
like i said just delete this thread.. I'm done.. basically I'm done here altogether...

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are willing to leave because everyone, EVERYONE, thinks you are over reacting....

148938.png

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
boxs and wheels both say made in China, But just delete the post! done with this issue.. sorry to put it here.. Tired of so called people that one minute act like your friend and the next want to call me names, I was just giving heads up! but it's cool..Have a good night..
like i said just delete this thread.. I'm done.. basically I'm done here altogether...

Just so I understand, you specifically ordered wheels made in the USA? Confirmed it when you placed your order? And they sent you China made wheels? Is that the issue?

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
If you are willing to leave because everyone, EVERYONE, thinks you are over reacting....

148938.png

Meant done with this thread, just like said they can delete it, but far as AM !! I'm done with them... after pay little over $1400 for wheels, which isn't much considering far as wheels,but to some of us it's a good bit. What a lot of people don't understand is Oct 6 is my son who passed away on March 6 2016, birthday, so this isn't a day to mess with me and actually I shouldn't even posted anything this day!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back