Wrecked the car

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Last Wednesday I was headed into work and got into an accident by avoiding someone coming into my lane. Silver Toyota came into my lane and I thought I had more room than I did it turned out and scooted over inside my lane, but caught the curb which ended up spinning the car due to the roads being wet. I don't know if it is totaled yet. I was quoted 7300 in exterior repairs alone from the insurance adjusters. The car has damage to the rear end, front suspension, it has no throttle anymore when you press it, and it is surging badly at idle. Hindsight says I should have let them hit me, but oh well. Thankfully I was just sore from hitting the side of the bridges wall and railing.

The shop doing the work went from "how attached to the car are you, because there is a lot of damage" all the way to "we think it won't be totaled, but we haven't looked at it yet" in the span of 10 minutes. They said I should have an answer by the end of this week. Car was valued at 13k by insurance, and the shop owner said they typically total out at 70% value. So he is said if I go over 9k something it will possibly be totaled. Anyways onto the pictures. You can see in the last picture where the trunk opening has even been knocked in, and the metal near it separated a bit. I am not holding out hope that is is going to be saved at this point.

Last edited:

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Ouch!!

Did the guy in the other car even stop to check on you?
Sorry man. looked like a nice clean GT.
You may be better off if it gets totaled and just start over. Sometimes with suspension and/or frame/body damage it's hard to get it back perfect.
Good Luck either way.

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
No they did not and sadly no license plate. I work at the PD that took the report and could literally see the department from the bridge. I hate to hope for it being totaled, but the getting it back correctly is a worry of mine if it is not totaled.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that sucks

no surveillance cameras around?

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
None of them for out facility go that far up, and we do not have traffic light cameras in our city. I checked with the Kum N Go since there cameras cover the area, but they do not go into the road either.

I got a copy of the estimate from the body shop to see exactly what they listed earlier today. Nothing under the car is there except a driver side exhaust muffler/tip, and maybe a shock. They are supposed to be getting under the car, inside the trunk, figuring out why it is surging, the throttle issue today, why the hood won't unlatch and etc. Hopefully I know something later today.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
If it was me, after that much damage, I wouldn't want it back. Very slim chance the car will be the same once it is repaired. Here is to hoping that you don't have to deal with it. Glad you are OK as well.

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
That is my worry. I don't want the car back if I am going to have to chase repairs that might not be done right by the shop. If it is totaled I am not sure on vehicle route though. Part of me wants to get into an s550, and part of me says buy something the kid doesn't have to crawl around to get in and out of the back seat.

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Update from body shop. The owner says he is 90% sure it is totaled once he got it up on the lift. He is still going through it, and should have a 100% answer by tonight.

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
I figure it is totaled as well. I am fine either way since I walked away from it with just being sore. If it is totaled then I will hunt for something else, including a mustang if the deal is there, and if it is not totaled then I just hope it comes back right. I will say for as hard as the car hit I am surprised the damage isn't greater.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this, but I'm glad your are OK. Sucks to see a clean S197 get wrecked like that.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...if they total it, I say that it's time for a Coyote S197 or an S550 upgrade! :thumb:

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this, but I'm glad your are OK. Sucks to see a clean S197 get wrecked like that.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...if they total it, I say that it's time for a Coyote S197 or an S550 upgrade! :thumb:

A dealer near me has an s550 in grabber blue with perf pack. That is what I am leaning towards if I go new car. I can not stop staring at it when I am near it. My kid says get a truck though.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
A dealer near me has an s550 in grabber blue with perf pack. That is what I am leaning towards if I go new car. I can not stop staring at it when I am near it. My kid says get a truck though.

Kids are idiots. What do they know?

Grabber blue S550 sounds much better.

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Got the call. She is totaled. They are sending me the paperwork to fill out, and then a check for just under 13k.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back