Need Help Boss Intake question

dabad1

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing a Boss Intake my car is a stock engine with a Vortech JT trim blower running a e85 tune my question is will this Boss Intake help me out faster in the 1/8 mile !!!

dabad1

forum member
Reaction score
Intake

I have all the mods on it everything pretty much full exhaust Stainless works full exhaust headers just about everything you can name besides engine internals !

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
no the boss will not be faster in the 1/8 mile, pretty cut and dry, you usually give up a few hundreths in the 60' will = about t .05-.07 in the 1/8h mile

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have all the mods on it everything pretty much full exhaust Stainless works full exhaust headers just about everything you can name besides engine internals !

still not providing the type of info need to make educated suggestions.

Transmission? Converter stall if auto?
Rear Gear?
Tire?
60'?
Crossing line at RPM/gear?

dabad1

forum member
Reaction score
Boss intake

6R80 transmission with circle d 2c
315 rear gear
275/60/15 dragradial pros
Car runs 6:60 in the 1/8 -1:48 60ft trying to get faster

dabad1

forum member
Reaction score
Everybody telling me these 6R80 Automatic tranny doesn't like a gear so they are running the stock gears

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
never heard that before

than you've not kept up with the 6r80 coyotes, the 3.15s do seem to work best as the trans has a very steep first gear.

wbt swears by the 3.15s

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
than you've not kept up with the 6r80 coyotes, the 3.15s do seem to work best as the trans has a very steep first gear.

wbt swears by the 3.15s

honestly, no I have not been keeping up, that must be one hell of a steep first gear.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
the 1/8 mile is not boss friendly- your only getting 1.48 60' now? is this a average or a best? seems low for a jt and e85- but you could have a conservative tune- if you want more low end I would waste gate the blower(beefcake torque booster) or add a 3.55 gear to the rear to put you at the top of the power band in 3rd gear(6900 rpm at 108)
I am assuming your running 104-106 now in the 1/8th mile? and the 3.55 will take you to the upper 140 with a 2 c converter in the 1/4 mile. this being said I 1.39-1.41 consistently and 6.39-6.41 in the 1/8 mile(108+) with a boss intake- I had mine from the na days and I like the looks- I know the car would be quicker with out it. I have a P Charger with stock pulley and pump gas-

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Perhaps you should have a little knowledge on these transmissions then before spewing out bad advice?:whistle1:

Actually asshole, I have plenty of knowledge, unlike most people on the forum at least I have the balls to admit it when I make a mistake or am not aware of something.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Lot's of "experts" in here. Let's clear up the FUD.....
1. 3.15 is fine with the power adder. 6R80 has a 4.17 first gear.
2. Boss intake will work fine....those saying otherwise are just spouting opinion without data.
3. Instead of the intake swap I would focus on your suspension. I didn't see that listed in your list of mods.
4. There is plenty more to be had with your current setup....it needs to be made more efficient and effective.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Actually asshole, I have plenty of knowledge, unlike most people on the forum at least I have the balls to admit it when I make a mistake or am not aware of something.

Plenty of knowledge on what? Certainly not in this area since you stuck your foot in your mouth now did you?

dabad1

forum member
Reaction score
I have lowering springs strange one way adjustable struts & shocks kmember with stock a arms the car hooks good at the track the best it ever been is a 1:45 60ft at 1:49 in the 8s with 106miles hr just was curious about a boss intake ‼️

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Plenty of knowledge on what? Certainly not in this area since you stuck your foot in your mouth now did you?

Apparently your reading comprehension is not so great, I admitted that I was not keeping up with 2011+ Mustangs, that's not what I have, based on 05-10 gears makes more since than an intake IMO, my mistake. Now if you want to keep on being a fuck prick for no reason, feel free.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I think it is funny how if a few people run good with their chosen rear gear ratio, than anything else is bad info. I've seen videos of 6R80 Coyotes with all sorts of different gearing that run great

"4.10's"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWyeJUx-LM

"4.10's"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfMt0YaeBaw

"4.30's"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STmlGMANS0Q

Just a few examples, but all pretty quick. I'd venture to guess that if all three changed nothing aside from 3.31, or 3.15 gears, you wouldn't see a tenth difference one way or the other. I'd say if you was on a stock converter or one that was too tight, lower gears would surely help. I'd rather have any gears with the right converter, over the "perfect" gears with the wrong converter any day of the week.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back