Shaker Amp staying on

dustland

Reaction score
Trying to help my son with his car he just bought. The car battery dies overnight, searched all through the car for a parasitic drain and have found that the shaker amps I the kick panel are staying on and draining the battery. The car had an aftermarket stereo in it when he purchased it thought it might be the harness so bought the PAC C2R-FRD1 harness and rewired it. After having the stereo on and shutting it off you can still hear the front shaker speakers hissing and this only goes away when you unplug the amps. Has anyone had this problem? Could there still be an issue with the wiring? Is it possible to just replace these amps with an aftermarket amp, does not want to put a system in though, just have the better sounding speakers in the door.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue basically they are going bad. Can find replacements on eBay just make sure and get same part #'s.
I had looked into it and found a thread where someone did a write up on how to fix them, Something you do with fixing solder points on the board.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks it has been driving us insane, took forever to find the problem just happened to hear the hissing by luck one night.

Your welcome. I pulled my fuse for the first month and then pulled the amps out since I am replacing the head unit and going complete aftermarket.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back