Fox almost done but think I may sell for a terminator, thoughts?

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I have been building a 93 fox coupe for the last year. So not an S197, and also why I've been absent from here, However, The car is not done yet, but I'd say 95%, need to put 5 point harness in, and a few other things. It has a bad O2 I think, needs to be tuned , but in gist the car is a 306 on a 250 shot, light weight pistons, AFR heads, 3:73 gear, sub frame connectors racing seats, MSD, C4 with B&M Pro Stick, Trick Flow, stage three cam, 8 point cage, Black interior, Mosier axles, a lot more etc etc.. But I've kinda lost interest in it and thinking of selling it and finding me a 03/04 Cobra. What do you guys think, would this be a bad move or not, I'll add a pic for reference to what I have so you see what I've been building, plus mustang pic so why not.

Attachments

• 2016-09-05 11.50.57 HDR.jpg
    2016-09-05 11.50.57 HDR.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2016-11-20 13.42.35.jpg
    2016-11-20 13.42.35.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 2016-09-05 11.51.34 HDR.jpg
    2016-09-05 11.51.34 HDR.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 2016-08-03 17.20.01.jpg
    2016-08-03 17.20.01.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I don't believe you will get any more enjoyment out of a cobra than you will that vehicle.

I lose interest in my car from time to time, it passes within a couple of weeks. Focus on your other hobbies/interests/wife. Then when you come back to it you like the car more than ever.

I would put a 6 speed manual in that car and have two sets of wheels and tires, one for drag and one for handling. Then you just change that up now and then when you get bored.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
That's a beaut! I'd keep it but I've always loved a good lookin notch.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I don't believe you will get any more enjoyment out of a cobra than you will that vehicle.

I lose interest in my car from time to time, it passes within a couple of weeks. Focus on your other hobbies/interests/wife. Then when you come back to it you like the car more than ever.

I would put a 6 speed manual in that car and have two sets of wheels and tires, one for drag and one for handling. Then you just change that up now and then when you get bored.

True, you make a valid point, but still not sure, I haven't touched it much other than a few around the block trips since the summer, maybe by spring I'll get re-motivated.

That's a beaut! I'd keep it but I've always loved a good lookin notch.

Thanks!

Get the Cobra.

I'll give you $100 for the Fox!:party52:

Yeah, always loved the Cobra's, will end up with one even if I keep this car, eventually.. It'd take a little more than $100 lol

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
With all the mods you've done, I really don't think your going to gain much of anything at all performance wise by upgrading to an SVT Cobra nor Cobra Terminator for that matter..

Personally I would keep the Fox and go with a S/C if you want even more performance out of it.. Foxes are also much better suited for the track due to their lighter weight and Notchbacks are also very desirable as well :waytogo:

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
If it was 93 cobra I would hold onto it. But being just a notch I would be getting the terminator

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
My Cobra is the only car I have ever had that I regret selling.

How about $200?:insane:

Yeah, I've heard others say the same about theirs too. nah, 200 won't do it either lol

With all the mods you've done, I really don't think your going to gain much of anything at all performance wise by upgrading to an SVT Cobra nor Cobra Terminator for that matter..

Personally I would keep the Fox and go with a S/C if you want even more performance out of it.. Foxes are also much better suited for the track due to their lighter weight and Notchbacks are also very desirable as well :waytogo:

You are right, right now my coupe will beat a stock cobra or even a pullied cobra to an extent. Just something about those cars though Always liked them

If it was 93 cobra I would hold onto it. But being just a notch I would be getting the terminator
Yeah, for sure, I'd like to have a 93 also, but not for the money and as hard as they are to find.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
That car would look good in my garage next to mine. Nice job! Post some more pics.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I like the termi more than the fox, but if I already had a fox I might just stick with that though.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Added a few pics in first post for those that ask, not sure why the one rotated, just like showing off the underneath since I painstakingly spent the time to clean and paint it all , haha!

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Since you already have the fox, keep it. If you're bored, change the build up to suit your needs. Coyote swap, or some form of FI.

46addict

Reaction score
I agree with what the others said about keeping it. Clean notchbacks are hard to come by and I'm sure you've put of lot of hours into it. So enjoy the work you've done. If you get bored, drive a boring DD for a week and I bet you'd miss that fox.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I've owned 1 terminator from new, and several foxes, and done quite a bit of work to the Terminator, and my last Fox. I really don't think the Terminator is much better honestly. My Terminator had a ported and aggressively pullied eaton, long-tubes, solid rear swap with 4.10's, subframe connectors, and the list goes on and on. My last fox had a good aftermarket top end, cheap nitrous system at 125hp, 4.10's on a 260K mile bottom end and it ran a tad quicker in the eighth than the Cobra that costed 8X as much, my fault for wasting money buying new "never again"!

The thing about Terminators now is, if they're reasonably priced, they've probably been beaten to death or has alot of miles. and if they're really nice, it'll cost ya. And I really don't think the new edges are much of an improvement over foxes, both are "dated" to say the least imo.

The fox you have is quite nice imo, if it was mine, I'd keep it instead of buying the Cobra, and invest in a 4R70 to keep it livable on the highway / interstate, as in my opinion the only thing an 04 Cobra has over your car is an OD trans

Last edited:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
^ Good perspective and insight. Appreciate the info

46addict

Reaction score
I've owned 1 terminator from new, and several foxes, and done quite a bit of work to the Terminator, and my last Fox. I really don't think the Terminator is much better honestly. My Terminator had a ported and aggressively pullied eaton, long-tubes, solid rear swap with 4.10's, subframe connectors, and the list goes on and on. My last fox had a good aftermarket top end, cheap nitrous system at 125hp, 4.10's on a 260K mile bottom end and it ran a tad quicker in the eighth than the Cobra that costed 8X as much, my fault for wasting money buying new "never again"!

Was that on a 302 or did you add some cubes?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back