Fox almost done but think I may sell for a terminator, thoughts?

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Was that on a 302 or did you add some cubes?
Factory stock short-block with 410K kms on the motor, it was Canadian. If I would've rebuilt it I would've done a 331/347 since the parts cost the same as 302. But it had no internal noise and burned no oil, so I ran it, and it did pretty well. To be fair to the Cobra, it needed 4.30's or 4.56's as the fox had 4.10's just like the Cobra, but that hideous 2.66 1st gear in the T56 simply needed more gear in the eighth. The fox's 4.10's and deeper 1st gear just happened to be very easy to launch on the bottle with about 2800rpm's, The Cobra either bogged or spun 7 times out of 10

Last edited:

skaarlaj

Reaction score
If it was 93 cobra I would hold onto it. But being just a notch I would be getting the terminator
I'd take a nice 4 cylinder Fox notch over a 93 Cobra just to not have the hatch-back. Unfortunately for me every Fox I've had (4) have all been hatch-back models.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I'd take a nice 4 cylinder Fox notch over a 93 Cobra just to not have the hatch-back. Unfortunately for me every Fox I've had (4) have all been hatch-back models.

I wouldn't go quite that far. Lol! The notches look so much better than the hatches.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I am one of the few that likes the hatch better. I like the GT tail lights also LOL.

I remember when I was a teenager going from a 3rd gen F-body to a fox hatch and seeing the huge difference in daily driver utility. I moved out of my parents house with a fox hatch, it just kept swallowing everything I put back there. Plus on a hatchback all the extra weight is over the rear wheels. And the back seats are useable.

Also I think on a notch the back looks to much smaller than the front.

46addict

Reaction score
Factory stock short-block with 410K kms on the motor, it was Canadian. If I would've rebuilt it I would've done a 331/347 since the parts cost the same as 302. But it had no internal noise and burned no oil, so I ran it, and it did pretty well. To be fair to the Cobra, it needed 4.30's or 4.56's as the fox had 4.10's just like the Cobra, but that hideous 2.66 1st gear in the T56 simply needed more gear in the eighth. The fox's 4.10's and deeper 1st gear just happened to be very easy to launch on the bottle with about 2800rpm's, The Cobra either bogged or spun 7 times out of 10

I'm impressed. I'm sure the IRS in the Cobra did not help 1/8th mile launches any and the Fox has about a 1000lb weight advantage.
More points for the Fox.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Fox all day. I do prefer the LX hatchbacks too. Sold mine back in the early 90's, I still kick myself for it.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't believe you will get any more enjoyment out of a cobra than you will that vehicle.

I lose interest in my car from time to time, it passes within a couple of weeks. Focus on your other hobbies/interests/wife. Then when you come back to it you like the car more than ever.

This is some good advice right here.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
I'm impressed. I'm sure the IRS in the Cobra did not help 1/8th mile launches any and the Fox has about a 1000lb weight advantage.
More points for the Fox.
I actually swapped the IRS for a solid rear on the 04 Cobra, and it weighed 36ish, The fox weighed 32ish.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Fox all day. I do prefer the LX hatchbacks too. Sold mine back in the early 90's, I still kick myself for it.

I prefer the hatches as well... sold mine in the late 90's. Baby seats didn't fit very will with a cage. :tdown:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

Although I've been very pleased with my S197 GT's.. There's moments I still kick myself for trading in my 93 SVT Cobra 12 years ago..

The reason for trading the Cobra, I was so blown away by the retro styling of the S197 models the moment I saw the introduction of the 2003 concept model revealed.. Needless to say that was all it took to pull the trigger on trading in the Cobra as soon as the first production models became available to order..

However if I would've had the extra garage space for 2 or more cars, I most definitely would still have the 93 Cobra to this very day..

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
I say get rid of the notch so I can buy it :). Love notch backs; especially in that color. If there was a track on Long Island I would have myself an 8 sec savage that I was scared of... lol however it's hard to justify having it just to look at. I would love to get my hands on a turbo Coyote swap for the street.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Lots of good insight here, still on the fence, but will keep for now unless I get a good offer on it. I've got a 351 block I may start building, perhaps a swap with boost would be more motivation!

usafimj

Reaction score
Keep the fox body and do a custom build. Terminator, GT500, Coyote engine & interior.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
I vote for 408 Windsor swap with a S475 turbo setup. But I may have been watching too much 1320video.
Excellent Idea, however I'd keep it cheap and still run the 408, but with a 400$ nitrous kit instead of the turbo system just to keep it cheap / simple / effective, Oh, and still fit a stalled 4R70 into her

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I vote for 408 Windsor swap with a S475 turbo setup. But I may have been watching too much 1320video.

I do like this idea too! I've got the block already.. :Sumo:

Those asking I don't really know what I'd want out of it. I'd have to think about it, but it wouldn't be a fire sale or anything. If I sell it, I'll post it in the classifieds with a full mod list.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Since the '94-04 Mustangs are the butt-ugliest ones ever built, I'd stick with the Fox body.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back