Undercoating Mustang body?

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone undercoated the body of their mustang. I feel it'd offer up some good protection from the elements as well as make the underside look really good. I live on the east coast in the rust belt and plan to keep my Mustang for life. Seems like a good idea that could save me headache down the road. Was thinking potentially por15

travelers

Reaction score
We use Por15 at work on really bad pickups and trucks after either scraping off the heavy rust or after it's been sandblasted.

That's one of the best, good choice. What color are you going for?

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
We use Por15 at work on really bad pickups and trucks after either scraping off the heavy rust or after it's been sandblasted.

That's one of the best, good choice. What color are you going for?

Just a black. Flat, matte, shiny, no real preference. I plan to use por15 on my bronco soon, figure why not do the body of the mustang. Not concerned with the suspension parts. All of them will be replaced when the swap comes

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
use zinc paint (t's silver colored)

found mine at Menards in a spray can (I used several cans on all of my new vehicles, they have stayed rust free)

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where I live winters and salt corrosive chemicals are not a problem.

However it would be nice if there was a Sound-Deading-Coating for the underneath side.

Terry

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Where I live winters and salt corrosive chemicals are not a problem.

However it would be nice if there was a Sound-Deading-Coating for the underneath side.

Terry

You could eat off the undercarriage of your car, lol. Mine is clean. I spent two days scrubbing the shit out of it. I drove it one winter out of necessity and no rust. I like the noise. It's appropriate for the car, I think. If I want quiet I'll take the wife's Mercedes C300 (and do). That car is wonderful.

I guess if I was going to use it as an all weather vehicle I'd do something like the POR-15 but I don't even plan on running it in the rain anymore unless I get caught in it. I spent too much time cleaning it to have it get all jacked up.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You could eat off the undercarriage of your car, lol. Mine is clean. I spent two days scrubbing the shit out of it. I drove it one winter out of necessity and no rust. I like the noise. It's appropriate for the car, I think. If I want quiet I'll take the wife's Mercedes C300 (and do). That car is wonderful.

I guess if I was going to use it as an all weather vehicle I'd do something like the POR-15 but I don't even plan on running it in the rain anymore unless I get caught in it. I spent too much time cleaning it to have it get all jacked up.
Hi Bill,

Well my man in my case I would not mind less road noise coming into the cabin.

But, so far I have not found where I could get the undercoating done that is actually more for eliminating noise than rust issues.

Plus the underneath of mine would need to be totally Taped to protect what does not need the coating on it.

Just way to much Cost for the end results I'm thinking.

So I'm over even thinking or considering looking into it further.

Terry

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Besides it's really unnecessary unless your car is driven during the winter and exposed to road salt.. They're also factory undercoated to begin with anyhow..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back