is this an ok deal?

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
i asked this in chat, but i think this forum is dying down, quite sadly.

i am meeting a guy this saturday who has 15+ 20" pp wheels for $550, no tires, and wondering if you guys think this would be a decent deal?

also, i should be okay with getting the tpms off my current 18" wheels and putting them on the 20" wheels, right?

thanks, i have no knowledge when it comes to wheels.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
honestly i forget the chat is there, rarely open up the home page to see it.

if all clean and no curb or anything sounds good, got a pic im not sure what that set looks like?

not sure on TPMS, id imagine so but not 100%

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I have 19" wheels on my car and if I ever buy another set I'm going with 18" for better tire options. Not interested in the rubber band look.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
I don't believe those are the performance pack wheels. But the price isn't terrible. If you like them then grab them, it's not high or out of line.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Like already stated those are not the PP wheels but rather the 20" Foundry wheels. They're 20x9".

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
Huh. I thought the 20" foundry wheels were performance pack. See, I know nothing about wheels lol. I do like these better though.
I shouldn't have any problems during these onto my 2012 mustang with brembo brakes, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46addict

Reaction score
I would not pay that much for bare OEM wheels but that's just me. If your car came with the band type TPMS, I'm not sure if they'll stretch enough to fit on 20" wheels. Ford may have stopped using the band type sensors by 2012 though.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
The TPMS will NOT work. I speak from experience. 15+ PP wheels on my 13. I have a full set of 15 TPMS in a box because they do not work on the older cars.

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
My guy at discount tire said he could take the tpms off my current wheels and put them on the 20's

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I am sure that your TPMS is the kind that mount on the valve stems, and NOT the band style. That would be an easy switch over to the new wheels.

I really like those foundry wheels on an S197. I know there is a guy on here that has done it and posted pics, and it's on point! Not 100% sure on Brembo fitment, though. The "regular" S550 brakes are pretty big, so I would think that they would be fine on a Brembo S197 car.

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought someone did this already and searched for the thread but couldn't find it.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I am sorry, I should have clarified. You will need your current TPMS and not the ones that come on the wheels if they are included. Those will only pair with the newer car computers. Found this out the hard way after having these wheels installed.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
TenSpeed has PP replica wheels on his car. He's also right in saying that you need to keep your current sensors as the 15+ are active tpms.

Also you need to make sure you use your lugs as 15+ won't work either.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't pay $550 for USED OEM wheels. $100 max each wheel is reasonable.

Keep in mind that AM, CJ, LMR, etc put wheels on special sales at less than $100 each quite frequently. You can even find great deals on older model FRPP wheels at TASCA.

Picked up a set of new FRPP SVT 18x9.5 wheels delivered for a little bit more than the $550 of the used wheels you're looking to buy.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't pay $550 for USED OEM wheels. $100 max each wheel is reasonable.

Keep in mind that AM, CJ, LMR, etc put wheels on special sales at less than $100 each quite frequently. You can even find great deals on older model FRPP wheels at TASCA.

Picked up a set of new FRPP SVT 18x9.5 wheels delivered for a little bit more than the $550 of the used wheels you're looking to buy.

I think there's a little bit of subjectivity though. The desire for bigger wheels helps keep the price up.

Hell, I just sold my 19" PP Wheels, Tires, and Spacers for $900. That was a deal compared to others asking $1,000+.

If you're referring to the 07-09 GT500 wheels, which I'm assuming you are since you mentioned 18x9.5, then you're correct. I bought the AM Replicas that had the black painted pockets for $400 on clearance.

But newer/bigger wheels are going to cost more.

BigSkyGT

Not your daddy.
Reaction score
I put 15 wheels on my 2010. 18's though.
20160411_105744_zpsykt9lkgv.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back