Strongest, but safe advance timing settings

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
Id like to squeeze alittle more power out of my 05 GT, I'm using a diablo Predator on a 91 octane tune designed for my JLT v3 cai, no cats.

My adjustable perimeters are as follows:
Dual timing adjustment points (2000-4000 RPM / 4000-7000 RPM)
Timing table (+10% / -40%)
Dual fuel adjustment points (2000-4000 RPM / 4000-7000 RPM)
Fuel table (+40% / -15%)
Idle (+/- 20%)
Global Timing adder -6 degrees /+4 degrees

With that said, has anyone using 91 octane dialed in finer adjustments and could possibly share them with me? Thanks in advance.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
You will have to data log the knock sensors to get an idea. Every motor is different.

What are your current spark advance settings? Adding and subtracting to unknown settings could be disaster. Something else to take into consideration is what fuel lambda is being commanded at wot for the spark advance settings? And, what is the actual measured lambda?

First thing to do is get the commanded fuel (and have a safe commanded fuel) to match actual both in closed and open loop. This is done with the maf transfer function. It tells the computer how much air is going into the motor. Fueling is based on measured airflow and commanded lambda.

Once you have done that start playing with spark.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
You will have to data log the knock sensors to get an idea. Every motor is different.

What are your current spark advance settings? Adding and subtracting to unknown settings could be disaster. Something else to take into consideration is what fuel lambda is being commanded at wot for the spark advance settings? And, what is the actual measured lambda?

First thing to do is get the commanded fuel (and have a safe commanded fuel) to match actual both in closed and open loop. This is done with the maf transfer function. It tells the computer how much air is going into the motor. Fueling is based on measured airflow and commanded lambda.

Once you have done that start playing with spark.

I don't think he's actually tuning it. I think he just wants to tweak a base tune with his hand held tuner.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back