If shocks and springs changed...need struts changed?

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Actually, I think the Vorshlag's are different. I don't think the regular ones are shorter like the Vorshlags. Anyhoo, the rear bump stops mount to the axle so no problem there.

Yoyo1

stangester
Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering, Bilstein B6 HD struts have "internal" bump stops. It is indicated in the installation manual. Appears you don't need to install any bump stops for front when using these. But do get the rear bumper stops...I stuck on Ford Racing jounce bump stops for rear. So far, all working great together and no more front clunk, although I do hear some kind of a different lighter clank in the front. Good grief.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm a relative novice when it comes to shit like this but I have a spherical rod end on the body side of the PHB. It's noisy. A shot of lithium grease quiets it down a bit.
Once I installed new aftermarket LCA's, PHB, shocks, springs and relocation brackets it got noisier. Buy louder mufflers or turn the radio up. Keep that shit greaesed. I ruined a set of LCA bushings from not using enough grease.

larry's roush

Still learning
Reaction score
When I changed my PHB with BMR adjustable and did relocation bracket.Was getting loud clunk when hitting bumps.Turns out when you use a relocation bracket phb will rub stock upper brace.Needed to get upper brace also when using relocation bracket and adjustable phb.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back