Paxton head unit question

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Installing a non intercooled non oil fed unit. What the fuck is this steel braided line for? I'm ready to send this fucker back. Nothing but problems.

Attachments

• IMG_1061.jpg
    IMG_1061.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 23

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
relax........
first install will take time.

honestly it looks like an oil feed/drain.

nothing about it in the book?

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
This is a shot of my Paxton 2200 intercooled oil pan feed unit pretty sure there was no line which could mean yours is correct since we have opposite units.

What's the part # on your head unit ? (Looks like 1016154 when I blew up your photo) you can then look in The manual and should tell which on you have

You buy the self lubricating standard ? If so part # is 1016154

http://www.paxtonauto.com/pdf/manuals/4809654v4.1.pdf

cd6b34b31a64877818cab6c4b4b7a11b.jpg

Last edited:

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
It says nothing about it in the manual. It's just a fucking steel braided line that appears to serve no purpose. That's why I thought they sent me the wrong head unit.
I'm just frustrated. I'm used to looking at directions and bolting shit up. I wasn't expecting all this cutting and bending shit.
It took forever to relocate the PS reservoir to where they said to put it and I don't like where it's at so I need to find a place for it.
Once it's in and running I'll feel better. I had to order a special tap and drill bit to relocate the IAT sensor and they won't be here for 5-6 days so it doesn't matter.
Plugs are easy at least lol.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
This is a shot of my Paxton 2200 intercooled oil pan feed unit pretty sure there was no line which could mean yours is correct since we have opposite units.

What's the part # on your head unit ? (Looks like 1016154 when I blew up your photo) you can then look in The manual and should tell which on you have

You buy the self lubricating standard ? If so part # is 1016154

http://www.paxtonauto.com/pdf/manuals/4809654v4.1.pdf

cd6b34b31a64877818cab6c4b4b7a11b.jpg

It says 1200SL on the plate. I'll call Brenspeed tomorrow.

Thank you sir

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly

Expect shit to not work 100% when modifying your car. I wanted to set mine on fire probably a dozen times during my engine build/swap

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
It says nothing about it in the instructions. I'll pull it off and see what happens.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly

Expect shit to not work 100% when modifying your car. I wanted to set mine on fire probably a dozen times during my engine build/swap

Yeah I'm learning that lol!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Is the end of the hose just capped?

If so it may just be an oil drain hose so you can drain/refill oil without removing the unit and making a huge mess

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
That's what it is! Gotta find a way to hide it. Thanks!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
see, easy answer.

go have a couple alcoholic beverages to chill out and continue the install.

Probably ziptie it somewhere for now, then come back and make a bracket to mount it to the rack or something cleanly

Btw make sure you have enough oil to properly lube it up, the drain line will add to how much it takes to fill

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
That drain line saves you from having to remove the head unit every 5k miles to change the fluid.

How is the rest of the install going?

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
We can't get the belt on. Any ideas? Been pressing down on the tensioner and it's still too tight. Ideas?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
We can't get the belt on. Any ideas? Been pressing down on the tensioner and it's still too tight. Ideas?

First I'd double check the routing. Not sure what belt length and pulley size is included with your kit but it should go on with the tensioner down.

Did they have you cut the stop off of the tensioner? It's common practice with forced induction and might help with travel needed to install the belt. It's been awhile since I've had a Paxton on.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
First I'd double check the routing. Not sure what belt length and pulley size is included with your kit but it should go on with the tensioner down.

Did they have you cut the stop off of the tensioner? It's common practice with forced induction and might help with travel needed to install the belt. It's been awhile since I've had a Paxton on.

Nothing was said about cutting the stop off the tensioner. It's super tight. Will not go on the head unit pulley.
We checked the routing 4 times.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back