Paxton head unit question

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Another thought is the idler pulleys. I can't remember the Paxton install exactly but I'm fairly certain that it includes swapping idler pulleys. I'd also double check that and make sure the belt is on all of the grooved pulleys when trying to get it on the last one.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Thats what I was going to say. Put it on all the grooved pulleys first snd save a smooth idler for the last one.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
What belt did they include and maybe double check - I think manual says GATES KO61203 see page 17 parts list

Belt number is 8316S98D - It doesn't have a brand on it.

Another thought is the idler pulleys. I can't remember the Paxton install exactly but I'm fairly certain that it includes swapping idler pulleys. I'd also double check that and make sure the belt is on all of the grooved pulleys when trying to get it on the last one.

Thats what I was going to say. Put it on all the grooved pulleys first snd save a smooth idler for the last one.

It's really fucking tight. If it's too tight, can't it damage things?

I'm gonna call Brenspeed today. I have some other things to talk to them about too.

I am not looking at that car this week, LOL.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I usually find a smooth pulley in the final step of belt routing, makes it easier than trying to bring it across a ribbed pulley. In my case, the tensioner itself, or water pump. Once it's on all of the pulleys, in the correct position on all of the ribs on all of the pulleys, as long as it isn't close to bottoming out the tensioner, I think you'd be good.

Last edited:

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Hahaha, I was very happy when mine showed up with a drain hose. I have a Procharger on another vehicle, and have to remove the head unit every time an oil change comes around, and although it isn't terrible, it surely isn't as simple as pulling a plug at the end of a braided hose.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Called Brenspeed. Said to slide the belt off one of the smooth pulleys and try that. If not, cut the tab off the bottom of the tensioner.
Treated me like I was annoying him. My money spends anywhere.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Call Paxton. On mine, there is a HO(High output) and standard output bracket holes. I had to call them when I first put mine on and re-clock it also. I feel your pain too. Everything fits very tight, especially with FMIC. I ended up having to get an oil filter relocation kit and do some dremel work on my FRPP manifold with FRPP throttle body. My throttle body actually touches my head unit also.

Last edited:

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Called Brenspeed. Said to slide the belt off one of the smooth pulleys and try that. If not, cut the tab off the bottom of the tensioner.
Treated me like I was annoying him. My money spends anywhere.

no kidding and thanks for keeping us posted.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to be wanting an air to air intercooler, a smaller pulley and a dynotune this summer. Brenspeed is the only one that sells it. Guess I'll be kissing ass lol.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Call Paxton. On mine, there is a HO(High output) and standard output bracket holes. I had to call them when I first put mine on and re-clock it also. I feel your pain too. Everything fits very tight, especially with FMIC. I ended up having to get an oil filter relocation kit and do some dremel work on my FRPP manifold with FRPP throttle body. My throttle body actually touches my head unit also.

If their ideas don't work I'll be on the phone with them. Thank you.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'm going to be wanting an air to air intercooler, a smaller pulley and a dynotune this summer. Brenspeed is the only one that sells it. Guess I'll be kissing ass lol.

I have a thread on here about an air to air intercooler I fabbed for my Paxton. An aftermarket company also makes one for about $350 that doesn't require all the fitting and cutting I did.

You have options.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score

Contact Terry at Beefcakeracing.com he can get you all of that stuff plus more and his customer service is way better than brenspeed.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I have a thread on here about an air to air intercooler I fabbed for my Paxton. An aftermarket company also makes one for about $350 that doesn't require all the fitting and cutting I did.

You have options.

Thank you sir!

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Great advice, couldn't have said it better myself. Should have thought about that since I bought my Paxton from him.

Yeah I'm done with Brenspeed but not until my car is up and running properly. I paid for a product, including tune and want what I paid for. After that, I'll work with Terry.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Yeah I'm done with Brenspeed but not until my car is up and running properly. I paid for a product, including tune and want what I paid for. After that, I'll work with Terry.

If for some reason you aren't happy with your tune check out lito ([email protected]) on this board. He can remote tune and is a very good tuner.

CX racing is the company that has an air to air for your kit for around $350.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back