Paxton head unit question

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
If for some reason you aren't happy with your tune check out lito ([email protected]) on this board. He can remote tune and is a very good tuner.

CX racing is the company that has an air to air for your kit for around $350.

Thanks Bruce! Where would one get the smaller pulley? Paxton or Terry?

46addict

Reaction score
Keep an eye out on the classifieds on this forum. There are deals that turn up and things sell quickly.

Ebay is a good source as some vendors have Ebay stores that offer free shipping/discounts.
There's also JPC, House of Boost, and Brute Speed.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

One more thing. I have to drill and tap my intake manifold (it's off the car) to install an IAT sensor. I have never drilled into plastic in my life and never tapped anything, either. Any tips? I get one shot at this, lol.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

One more thing. I have to drill and tap my intake manifold (it's off the car) to install an IAT sensor. I have never drilled into plastic in my life and never tapped anything, either. Any tips? I get one shot at this, lol.

I'd work the hole size up starting with something smaller than needed.

When you get to final hole size take it easy with the tap. It's ok to back it out to clear chips and then continue. You may have to do this a few times.

If for some reason you do screw up it won't be a big deal. You can either plug the hole or buy a new intake. Stock intakes are cheap, usually under $100 shipped for new take offs.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I'd work the hole size up starting with something smaller than needed.

When you get to final hole size take it easy with the tap. It's ok to back it out to clear chips and then continue. You may have to do this a few times.

If for some reason you do screw up it won't be a big deal. You can either plug the hole or buy a new intake. Stock intakes are cheap, usually under $100 shipped for new take offs.

Thank you, Bruce. I truly appreciate your input and advice.

Plans for tomorrow are to get the manifold tapped and reinstalled (get everything plugged back in properly), injectors swapped, get the coolant reservoir relocated and get that damn belt on. I doubt that we'll get to the fuel pump. I'm trying not to hurry and rush things. The car isn't going anywhere anyway until the weather gets better.

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
When I tapped my manifold I just slowly drilled to the required size and then used a tap from harbor freight. Threaded in the iat sensor and added a little rtv on the outside to make sure it was an airtight seal.

If you have any more questions post them up. I've installed a vortech, then an aftercooler, and finally a paxton 2200 and intercooler. I've used the same belt for all configurations with pulleys ranging from 3.8 to 3.4. If you need me to check which belt and idler pulley spot I can take a look this weekend.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be back at it tomorrow. The goal is to get that belt on, injectors, drill & tap manifold, install IAT sensor and wire it up, get all the hoses back on, reinstall the manifold and install the aeroforce gauge. Probably won't get it all done but that's the goal. Fuel pump will probably be next weekend.
I have to pull the front bumper and take it to the body shop for a respray too.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Got the belt on! Had to remove the belt tensioner and dremel off the tab stop. Drilled and tapped the intake manifold for the relocated IAT sensor and got it wired up Went to plug the connector back into the throttle body and broke the tab off so I'll be ordering a new one of those. I tried to upload photos from my phone but it wouldn't work.
That's it for today. Still a long way to go.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Good for you on the most part. Breaking little tabs like that sucks.
Come a long way since threatening to burn stuff down because of a braided hose hanging of the bottom

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Got the belt on! Had to remove the belt tensioner and dremel off the tab stop. Drilled and tapped the intake manifold for the relocated IAT sensor and got it wired up Went to plug the connector back into the throttle body and broke the tab off so I'll be ordering a new one of those. I tried to upload photos from my phone but it wouldn't work.
That's it for today. Still a long way to go.

Good days work and good progress

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Good for you on the most part. Breaking little tabs like that sucks.
Come a long way since threatening to burn stuff down because of a braided hose hanging of the bottom

Yeah I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to things mechanical. I can detail forever, though. Glad I have my son helping me.
I'll get that connector ordered or get one from a salvage yard tomorrow. It's bothering me as I type this that I broke it, LOL.

Good days work and good progress

Thanks. It's coming along slowly.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Fuel rails and new injectors will go on tomorrow come hell or high water. Then maybe finish the intake piping. That will leave some wiring that I haven't gotten to yet, the fuel pump (God help me) the A pillar with pod and Aeroforce gauge with boost sensor. Then load the tune and turn the key.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Any tips on the injectors? Do they just pop in? They popped right the hell out. Do I need to lubricate the orings or anything?

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely grease them. I had one tear while out on the road because I didn't lube enough. I care allen wrenches with me now everywhere I go. Gas all over the place.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Blower is in! Fuels rails and new injectors in. Wiring done. Just need to button up a few small items, install the fuel pump and Aeroforce gauge. Few more Saturday's ought to do it.
Can't get photos to upload for some reason.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back