Black Wheel Craze ????

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
I like tigerhonaker's combo wheel as well

I'm tired of the total blacked out wheel look, but like it has been said before, it all boils down to personal preference.

ZGrand

forum member
Reaction score
Wheel preference is like asking, "Who is the prettiest celebrity?". It all depends on what you find appealing. We buy custom wheels for our cars to please us - not anyone else. Buy what looks good to you and to hell with what others think. :)

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's a good looking combo right there!

I like tigerhonaker's combo wheel as well

I'm tired of the total blacked out wheel look, but like it has been said before, it all boils down to personal preference.

I appreciate the comments guys.
icon14.gif

Terry

07 Boss

Reaction score
Chrome

I need some better pics of my car.

Last edited:

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
I appreciate the comments guys.
icon14.gif

Terry

I also like the fact that you have big brakes and the wheels are 5 spoke ... I have a brembo brake car and love the 5 spoke look .. again ... a matter of personal taste. I looked at those Mickey Thompson wheels for my ride, might be an option for me at some time in the future.

I believe I saw pics of your car with the Laguna Seca looking wheel as well

decisions, decisions

LOL

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I also like the fact that you have big brakes and the wheels are 5 spoke ... I have a brembo brake car and love the 5 spoke look .. again ... a matter of personal taste. I looked at those Mickey Thompson wheels for my ride, might be an option for me at some time in the future.

I believe I saw pics of your car with the Laguna Seca looking wheel as well

decisions, decisions

LOL
David,

That's correct I was running those for awhile.
That's way back when I had the Saleen Supershaker Supercharger on it.
Seems like a really long time ago now.

One of my Favorite wheel & tire set-ups were the Fats & Skinnies.
Ran and raced it with those and had them under it for years.
Drove okay really just had to use Common-Sense going around corners and changing lanes plus Tail-Gating as it would not Stop quick.

I even drove it in the snow believe it or not to BRENSPEED and back home a 1,000 mile trip.

It was a very Slow long Drive though and the Mustang looked like it was dirty White/Grey in color.

Terry

Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Terry ! As always your Mustang is awesome.. Btw: do the Laguna Seca wheels clear larger brake kits such as Brembo and Baer ?

Thanks, Rocky :waytogo:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry ! As always your Mustang is awesome.. Btw: do the Laguna Seca wheels clear larger brake kits such as Brembo and Baer ?

Thanks, Rocky :waytogo:
Hey Rocky,

I just went back and looked at all the pics I took when I was running the Laguna Seca wheels.
I was looking to see if I took any pics of the brakes I was running with them.
I went through so many different brakes it's next to impossible for me to recall which ones with which wheels.

See pics below I found what you want to know,

I was running a complete set Front & Rear of the GT-500 brakes with Braded Stainless-Lines:

Terry

Last edited:

FloStang

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Rocky,

I just went back and looked at all the pics I took when I was running the Laguna Seca wheels.
I went through so many different brakes it's next to impossible for me to recall which ones with which wheels.

I was running a complete set Front & Rear of the GT-500 brakes with Braded Stainless-Lines:

Terry

Kinda looks like GT-500 Wheels

Last edited by a moderator:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Rocky,

Terry

Thanks Terry ! From the pics you posted, they definitely clear OEM Brembo's for sure.. If by any chance you still have the Laguna Seca's, would you be interested in selling them ? I'm actually considering looking into adding a set of OEM wheels that will fit either 275 or 285 series 18" tires and IIRC the Laguna Seca's have the same 18x9.5" diameter as the 07-14 GT500 SVT wheels :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think all black wheels on anything makes it look cheapened out. High dollar fancy wheels but you cannot even see the style. It's just a black blob now.

Not my thing, never will be.
I'm a clean, polished aluminum look kinda guy.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kinda looks like GT-500 Wheels

They are ...........

Thanks Terry ! From the pics you posted, they definitely clear OEM Brembo's for sure.. If by any chance you still have the Laguna Seca's, would you be interested in selling them ? I'm actually considering looking into adding a set of OEM wheels that will fit either 275 or 285 series 18" tires and IIRC the Laguna Seca's have the same 18x9.5" diameter as the 07-14 GT500 SVT wheels :shrug:

Well my man those and some more sets of wheels & tires have long since been sold over the years gone by.

I have not bothered to look recently but at one time there were some great deals on the GT-500 Wheels with tire combinations.

But as I said I have not looked at that for years now ............

Terry

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
The LS wheels are 19x9 (fronts) and 19x10 (rears).

If those are the only sizes their available in ? Then I'll have to consider looking into Ford Racing GT500 SVT wheels instead :shrug: I'm only interested in 18x9.5" sizes..

They are ...........

Well my man those and some more sets of wheels & tires have long since been sold over the years gone by.

I have not bothered to look recently but at one time there were some great deals on the GT-500 Wheels with tire combinations.

But as I said I have not looked at that for years now ............

Terry

It never hurts to ask my friend lol.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If those are the only sizes their available in ? Then I'll have to consider looking into Ford Racing GT500 SVT wheels instead :shrug: I'm only interested in 18x9.5" sizes..

It never hurts to ask my friend lol.

It certainly does not that's for sure.
icon10.gif

Terry

BTW,
I probably would have kept some of the wheel/tire set-ups if I had any room to store them.

Unfortunately I have no extra room for that sort of thing.
icon9.gif

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back