Rear end pulls right on launch. Normal?

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
With the extra power the blower makes, the rear end always pulls/slides to the right when I accelerate hard. Is this normal? Why not to to the left, or straight, for that matter. Stock rear end, 3.73 gears, Stallion racing LCA's & PHB and BMR relocation brackets, 2nd hole. Car has never been beat on, 45,000 miles.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Are both of the LCA bolts torqued properly?
If the car is lowered is the rear axle centered?

Yes and yes. I double checked everything when I put the relocation brackets on last month. It's lowered 1.2 inches if it matters. I have Steeda Sport springs and Koni STR/T shocks & struts.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I just want to know what's causing it and if there's something wrong with my current setup and if it's that's just what it does. As in, it's normal.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
Go back through and make sure all the bolts are installed and torqued on the LCA brackets. I would also check the LCA bushings and make sure they're all in good shape.

Does it only happen when you're getting on the car? Does the rear end shift or step out when you let off the gas? Can you measure the wheel base on both sides for me?

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Go back through and make sure all the bolts are installed and torqued on the LCA brackets. I would also check the LCA bushings and make sure they're all in good shape.

Does it only happen when you're getting on the car? Does the rear end shift or step out when you let off the gas? Can you measure the wheel base on both sides for me?

I have to lift the car and will retorque everything. It only happens when I mash the peddle in second gear (haven't tried 3rd yet). When I let off it goes right back to center. The wheel base is perfect. I measured it and had a mechanic double check my work.
Sometimes when the tires break loose (spinning) it tracks straight. Odd

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
How could it be? I NEVER beat on the car. Not once. I will take your suggestion though. It's just gonna have to wait. My Mustang fund is decimated and I'm working two part time jobs just to keep up.

travelers

Reaction score
You don't necessary have to beat on it for the TL to act up. The clutches slip every time you make a turn. With that many miles they probable could use a refresh. Or better yet the Eaton True Track. It also might be the LCA bushing starting to go. I know with my car which only has 18K it goes straight as an arrow with the TL. I now have a Eaton True Track with new 3.73 gears that are just heat cycled so this weekend with the nice weather I'll jump on it to see how it goes..

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
You don't necessary have to beat on it for the TL to act up. The clutches slip every time you make a turn. With that many miles they probable could use a refresh. Or better yet the Eaton True Track. It also might be the LCA bushing starting to go. I know with my car which only has 18K it goes straight as an arrow with the TL. I now have a Eaton True Track with new 3.73 gears that are just heat cycled so this weekend with the nice weather I'll jump on it to see how it goes..

Thank you! Let me know what it does. I do not want to replace that upper bushing lol.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
If it's spinning the tires it will step out. You sure you're not just blowing the tires off?

Last edited:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My car started to go to the right at the track, turns out my differential side upper control arm bushing was torn. Replaced it with the spherical bearing style from steeda. It feels much better now.
Check it as it could be the problem.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How could it be? I NEVER beat on the car. Not once. I will take your suggestion though. It's just gonna have to wait. My Mustang fund is decimated and I'm working two part time jobs just to keep up.

Clutch diffs wear out. The clutches in them are friction material, similar to a transmission clutch. They're wear items.

Unfortunately, the stock clutch diff is not known for longevity. The advantage is that it's cheap at like $300. Or you can spend a little more and get an Eaton.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
If it's spinning the tires it will step out. You sure you're not just blowing the tires off?

That's what's happening. And it doesn't do it all the time. I'm going to re check the torque on all bolts etc, inspect my bushings and try to learn how to drive this thing lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back