J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
24d3b6f81b8f5956a409bab5e3d3e285.jpg

Gotta get my swaybar relocation brackets and they will be installed

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
You need to ditch the factory sway bar setup. Go with one from bmr,rtr or whiteline. Much stiffer for a more even launch depending on power levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Will i have to do relocation still or will that eliminate that problem?

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
If you go with BMR or Whiteline, the bar ends are relocated to a new location. With the Whiteline, the entire bar is flipped, with the bar being attached to the axle and the ends to the chassis.

Depending on your power level and intended application, ie drag only, it might be worthwhile to consider the BMR anti-roll setup.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Do you have to do any cutting with those?

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
RTR mounts just like the whiteline but has Billet bits instead of the u-bolts. You will still have to trim the factory sway bar mount to clear the wheels.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Which one should I get? I know most people on here are big on BMR

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Go with what gives you the biggest grin factor.

Also, when you cut the bar mount end's off, save the cut sections. In the event you want to return to stock, they can be welded back on.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with any of them. Bmr is the most expensive for the same product. White line is the cheapest. RTR and whiteline are the same just beefier mounts on the RTR. I guess it would come down to bar size.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
BMR does have excellent sales throughout the year and this puts them below the price of the other manufacturers by a fair amount.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Only on some product the RTR appears to be a direct replica of the white line they each use a 27mm sway bar. The bmr is 25mm. Now how that translate in the percentage of stiffness not sure.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
The bmr sway bar that relocates the mounting position inward of the control arms is 489 compared to the RTR 349 and WL 249. Unless it's significantly stronger I couldn't justify the cost difference. I know the whiteline works at the track to a certain power level.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
The bmr sway bar that relocates the mounting position inward of the control arms is 489 compared to the RTR 349 and WL 249. Unless it's significantly stronger I couldn't justify the cost difference. I know the whiteline works at the track to a certain power level.

To what powerlevel? If its 1000+ then nbd but if its like 600 Ill get a stronger one to begin with.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
If talking about a 1000+ then you need a anti roll bar. But if you not making 600 then a sway bar will be fine.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Here is where I stand. Some power adder is being put on my car eventually. I don't like buying things twice. My power goal is around 600whp. I don't want to buy one part and have to change it again later and spend twice the money. Will the whiteline/bmr etc work for that application?

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Well at the same time you gotta be realistic about what you want. Anti roll bar is more of a drag race setup not very forgiving on the street. Only flex or give will be the poly bushings nothing else with a anti roll bar.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Well.. i dont want it to be miserable on the road. SC roads arent very good to begin with.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
It's not. I daily a 2000 Wrangler.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back