poly vs rod ends, strut tower brace and panhard bar questions

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Spherical will be kinda rough and noisy on the street. I don't usually recommend it unless you're making big power (700 RWHP). Poly/bearing stuff is perfect for someone who wants to drive their car on the street and on the track. The poly bushings keep everything nice and quiet, while the bearing gives you all the articulation you need. You can use poly/poly on the road course, but you will probably be replacing bushings more frequently than most.

The poor review on the poly/rod bar is because the metal spacers on the bearing end do not give like poly bushings will. When the factory bar is installed and the bolts torqued, it crushes the mounting point a little bit. When you try to slide our bearing spacers in WITHOUT spreading the mounting point a little bit, it's probably going to be tough to get it in (lol).

Our bushings do not come pre-greased. You will have to grease them every 5-10k miles (depending on use and grease used) with a good quality SYNTHETIC grease. No petroleum based greases or you may prematurely wear the bushings.

Thank you

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Do you think I should switch my order from poly/poly to poly/bearing? I can't decide. It hasnt been shipped yet. It's for the panhard

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Can the poly bushings be replaced? Can the bearings wear out and be replaced?

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I had BMR's Poly (elastomer bushing)/Spherical LCA's. They ran like a dream. If you run poly/poly's for a long time on the road course, they end up like this:

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I had BMR's Poly (elastomer bushing)/Spherical LCA's. They ran like a dream. If you run poly/poly's for a long time on the road course, they end up like this:

Yeah I am gonna do the same now. That combo seems like the best for me. Seems how I want to build a race car but still drive it on the streets.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I've read some people talk about bearing loosening up and creating some play causing rattling. Is this normal? Or does this mean the bearings need to be replaced? Do you grease the bearings too?

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
You only grease the poly's/elasto's. I was advised not to grease the spherical.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
You only grease the poly's/elasto's. I was advised not to grease the spherical.

Your bearings aren't loose at all? Do they rattle at all? Or is there just a bit more road noise transfer?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Might be worth a shot to see if Mark Savitske at SC&C.com has any of these left. I know that Currie isn't one of the popular names for Mustang parts, and Mark is more of a GM guy, so there's a chance he might still have a pair. I don't know how long it's been on closeout.

Tags:
$159.00

SKU: CE-7015LS
2005-2014 Ford Mustang
Currie Currectrac Adjustable Lower Control Arms
These Top of the Line Control Arms sold on Summit for $289.97
Free Shipping in the continental US.

Price: $159.00

Norm

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
I've read some people talk about bearing loosening up and creating some play causing rattling. Is this normal? Or does this mean the bearings need to be replaced? Do you grease the bearings too?

The bearings have a teflon liner to prevent them from squeaking. Over time it will wear and the bearings will get loose. This is normal. Greasing the bearings will accelerate the wear unless you use a dry lubricant. If you grease them, dirt and grit will stick to the grease and get worked into the bearing.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
The bearings have a teflon liner to prevent them from squeaking. Over time it will wear and the bearings will get loose. This is normal. Greasing the bearings will accelerate the wear unless you use a dry lubricant. If you grease them, dirt and grit will stick to the grease and get worked into the bearing.

After they wear would you replace just the bearings? or the whole bar?

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys. I've learned a lot about the topic

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I called American muscle and tried to cancel my order since it had not shipped yet. Said they couldn't guarantee it but canceled it. It still shipped. The poly/poly panhard. I wanted the poly/bearing. I can't see myself now spending money to send it back.

Is there replacement bearings that mount into the bushing hole?

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
I called American muscle and tried to cancel my order since it had not shipped yet. Said they couldn't guarantee it but canceled it. It still shipped. The poly/poly panhard. I wanted the poly/bearing. I can't see myself now spending money to send it back.

Is there replacement bearings that mount into the bushing hole?

No, the poly/poly and poly/rod bars are totally different. There isn't a way to upgrade the poly bar to a poly/bearing bar.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
No, the poly/poly and poly/rod bars are totally different. There isn't a way to upgrade the poly bar to a poly/bearing bar.

Do you really think the added bearing on one side is worth me paying to ship the poly/poly panhard back?

I will do poly/bearing for the LCA

Last edited:

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
How much better is the poly/poly over the stock panhard?

How much better is the poly/bearing over the poly/poly panhard?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Panhard bars are the one place where a rod end can make a HUGE difference in handling with a very small effect on NVH.

I would definitely go with either a poly/rod-end or full rod end panhard bar.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back