Getting back into a mustang finally. From boy to man

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm finally going to be getting into a mustang, specifically a first gen s197 again after a very long time. The last time I was on this forum I believe I was 18 years old or so, just graduated high school and off to college, and had a 07 Redfire gt, gt500 conversion, p1sc procharger, MRR GT1 wheels and other basic mods.

Fast forward to now. 24 1/2 years old. 2016 Chrysler 300c and a 91 s10 lol. I've been working as a over the road truck driver for heavy haul and oversized loads for about 2 years now. Hauling things big boats, generators for GE and other large items. Finally saved up enough money to build a s197 GT again. I could have done other things, but being that my 07 Gt was my first car, these have a very special place in my heart. I've narrowed it down to two cars.

First is a black 09 Gt with glass roof, which is a big selling point to me, with 89k miles. All stock. However, they are asking $16,990 which I feel is way to steep.

Second is a 06 sonic blue Gt, 110k miles, all stock, and they're asking $10,999. Which is a little more reasonable, and although it doesn't have the panoramic roof, that color makes me weak in my knees. Both cars are stick. Hoping to drive them tomorrow since I just got home from a two week trip.

Unlike last time, I'm not going to go through tons of aesthetic changes like bumpers and rims and such. This time, I'm planning on doing it 1 and done.

I practically have my entire list set. Just a few aesthetic pieces that I'm unsure on. Here is a basic idea of what I'm doing on the outside, and then I'll tell you what I'm unsure on, so you can voice your opinions if you'd wish.

These are set in stone:
Trufiber widebody fender Flares front and rear
Cervinis stalker wing
Side skirt extension pieces (black)
Gt500 rear bumper
Tru forged chicanes 20x11 and 20x13 (black brushed aluminum spokes w/ brushed titanium lip)

Now it's either
Option 1)
Trufiber t1 front bumper
Cervinis Eleanor hood
Gt500kr chin spoiler in carbon fiber
Raxiom color match headlights
Bullitt upper grille

Or....
Option 2)
Gt500 front end conversion
Gt500kr Carbon fiber chin spoiler
Trufiber a54kr hood

Sorry for the long thread, but happy to be coming back. Talk to everyone soon. I'll update this as the process continues!

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Welcome back and hope to see some pics if a new ride...soon. Both cars seem pretty nice - good luck!

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Just FYI the 06 would be Vista blue, sonic was one year only in the S197, 2005.

I have a black 09 and love it. I'd try and find a 2007+ due to the head design, coolant system, spark plugs etc etc. that being said, I'd try and knock down that $17k. Mine is a CS with ever option and half the mileage, and I couldn't get $17k.

That 2006 isn't bad, but with over 100k miles and the older heads, you'll have the spark plug dilemma, few of the TSBs etc etc.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back