trunk push button

Rampage

Reaction score
Yea....i'm guilty of the key in the trunk problem....actually happened to me last night i was putting some parts i just bought into the trunk and shut it with my keys inside...all i can say is thank god my car was unlocked and my girlfriend was willing to crawl into the trunk and pull the release, looking at the wireing diagram it looks like ford designed it for a button just never did it, so couldnt you just ground the switch to the neg trunk release instead of finding a bolt to put it to?

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
I installed the Ford trunk switch in my car and mounted it in the glove box side panel. Total cost was under $10 and took about 20 minutes. I installed another one yesterday for a friends car. Very easy modification that is really hand to me at least because I am dropping people off and picking them up every week at the airport. My remote is always in my pocket and a pin in the butt to get to.

Trunkrelease1.jpg

Trunkrelease2.jpg

I used the Ford switch part # D3AY-19C542-A , and is actually for some of the SN-95 cars, which is about $8 at your Ford dealer.

005.jpg

And everthihg else you need only costs a few bucks.

001.jpg

EDIT:

Another good location to mount this switch is above the hood release on the drives kick panel.

Last edited:

254S197

Reaction score
im trying to install this, i have the switch grounded and cant find the power wire... any help?

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
I met a guy the other day that had his Ford dealer install the trunk release in his 07 Cal Spl. It is the exact same button mounted in his console. The dealer charged him $150 for everything. OUCH!!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did mine today didnt really wanna put it in the glove box so i looked around for another place and decide to put it here:
p_00162-2.jpg

p_00163-2.jpg

p_00161-2.jpg

p_00164-2.jpg

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good, some guys are mounting them on the drivers kick panel near the hood release.

I was talking to a fellow stanger a few weeks ago and he had his Ford dealer install his for him. They used the same yellow button I used and put in his center console and charged him $150 for the completed job. W0W!!

LvMyStang

forum member
Reaction score
The link in the first post doesn't work. This is a cool mod. I need to do this.

LvMyStang

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good, some guys are mounting them on the drivers kick panel near the hood release.

I was talking to a fellow stanger a few weeks ago and he had his Ford dealer install his for him. They used the same yellow button I used and put in his center console and charged him $150 for the completed job. W0W!!

Is there a pink/white wire in that area? I ask because I would like to not put the button on the passenger's side. Thanks.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What....do you have 5 foot arms??? How the hell do you reach that from the drivers seat???? lol

RH

LOL
Actually I can reach it from the drivers seat but, i do have long arms lol. I usually just hit button on the key fob. I use the switch I installed when i have a passenger or when Im workin on my car and dont have the keys/key fob on me.

LvMyStang

forum member
Reaction score
Is there a pink/white wire (which is the trunk release wire according to the list posted earlier) running somewhere on the driver side area? I ask because I would like to put a button on that side instead of the passenger's. Thanks.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there a pink/white wire (which is the trunk release wire according to the list posted earlier) running somewhere on the driver side area? I ask because I would like to put a button on that side instead of the passenger's. Thanks.

Dont think so, the signal runs from the sjb in the passenger side kick panel down the passenger side wire loom to the trunk.

LvMyStang

forum member
Reaction score
Dont think so, the signal runs from the sjb in the passenger side kick panel down the passenger side wire loom to the trunk.

I see that some people put their button on the driver's kick panel, by the hood release. Just wanted to double check before I jump into this.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back