header question.

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
First off im new here and i just got my 06 gt a few weeks ago and the upgrade bug has bitten me!! My car has a bbk offroad x-pipe on it that the previous owner installed. i was considering putting on shorty headers since the xpipe is already on the car. would power gains be enough to justify the expense of getting long tube headers and another x pipe. I dont plan on going too radical with my car, i would like to run mid 12's. it has a k&n intake, and an xcal tuner with a brendspeed 93 octane tune. I did try to search around for the answer before i made a new thread so give the new guy a break!!

lime 05

Reaction score
i put bbk shorties on mine and didnt help any. i would not suggest wasting time with shorties its not fun to put them on either. get long tubes.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Long tubes will probably not gain you much by themselves, but they are a necessary component as a supporting mod for other power adders. Necessary meaning they will help other mods reach their potential gains.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i have pypes off road hpipe..can i run long tubes with that???
and any recomendations???

you have to have the shorter h or x pipe that matches up to longtube headers..or you could have an exhaust shop probably modify the pipe you have now to match up to whatever longtubes you decide to install..but after that they won't mate to your stock exhaust manifolds if you for some reason you decided you don't want longtubes afterwards

duece05

forum member
Reaction score
Long tubes will probably not gain you much by themselves, but they are a necessary component as a supporting mod for other power adders. Necessary meaning they will help other mods reach their potential gains.

I got good hp and tq improvement when going to LT's

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back