2010 front end and interior conversion?

05 gt

forum member
Reaction score
anyone heard or seen pics of anyone doing this?

05 gt

forum member
Reaction score
really? i can get a discount thru our companys lincoln dealership on all parts. which wont be a big difference but i would do the labor.
front bumper and grill inserts
headlights/fog lamps and brackets
hood and inserts
fenders
And maybe the doors.Then in the interior would be:
door panels
dash and center counsole,e-brake handle and shifter/boot
front and rear seats
radio and ac control head

this was just a note for myself while i was on here.i just paid off my car and wouldnt want another car payment for 5 years.

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would ask, "Why would you want to?" But, wont work, BECAUSE theres crease lines and lower "character lines" that wont mate up when you get back to the 1/4s. Theres just enough shit changed all the way around to keep anything like this from happening. Trust me, I was ALL over the idea of changing out the sick shit ass end to a "Gen 1" rear, but it cant work for the same reasons.

As far as the interior, could possibly work, but I can tell you it WILL be a PITA, because theres more than just the obvious hard parts that need to be changed.

Kankakee

I dunno.
Reaction score
Well I think he's just talking about the front end conversion, not the side/rear 1/4s.

I would love the 2010 front end aswell.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Wouldn't you have to change the fenders for it to work? I think it would end up looking mis-matched with the body lines.

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would assume front fenders, hood, front fascia and all lights would be all thats needed.

It wouldn't mess up the body lines. Looking at this picture it looks like the body lines are the same on the side.
http://image.musclemustangfastfords.com/f/14938922/mmfp_0904_10_z+2010_mustang_gt+mustang.jpg

Nope, have to change the doors too and if you do, like I said, look at pics, theres a crease line. Change just part of it, the shit wont match up with the rest of the parts and it will look ghetto gay. AND, in addition to a crease line on the new parts, the new parts DONT have the same character lines as the old parts, so its a two way mismatch.

Kankakee

I dunno.
Reaction score
Are you sure? Looking at my sig pic and the link I posted the door lines or whatever it's called, "crease"?, look like they match up to be the exact same.

I guess until someone puts on the 2010 fender/hood/fascia we will never know.

Redwolf

Reaction score
Why don't the people interested drive to a dealer and pull your car along side of the 2010 and compare. I'm willing to bet they won't interchange. Like was stated in an article by Ford that I read, the only thing unchanged on the body was the roofline.

Embalmer

Amateur Expert
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think wiring will be an issue as well. Things like gauges, HVAC, etc. will be a nightmare in the wiring dept.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
You might be able to get the seats, I've thought about doing that myself.

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you sure?

Absolutely. Compare my car to the 2010. First, there is INDEED a distinct crease in the metal thats not there on mine. Second, the lower "hockey stick" character line is LESS "deep" than on mine. The shit wont work, guaranteed.

1855878.jpg

1855877.jpg

05 gt

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I forgot about that. The speedo and tach positions are swapped on the 2010.

I don't think it matters which side the tach and speedometer because there is a single connect on the back of the gauge cluster assembly.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back