shorty headers with stock exhaust?

281express

forum member
Reaction score
can shorty headers be paired with the stock exhaust on a gt? and if so do i needa tune?

281express

forum member
Reaction score
really.....so are you saying long headers are the way to go? cuz i dunno which to get

h8imports

forum member
Reaction score
Project source horse from Themustangsource.com lost 11 rwhp by installing equal length short tube headers on his supercharged 06 Mustang GT. so go long tube or stay stock. Thats my :2cents: worth. LOL

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
Project source horse from Themustangsource.com lost 11 rwhp by installing equal length short tube headers on his supercharged 06 Mustang GT. so go long tube or stay stock. Thats my :2cents: worth. LOL

I gained 8rwhp from shorty headers and stock H pipe. Dont tust every dyno you hear and that includes this one but I did gain a tenth at the track. Track doesnt lie.

h8imports

forum member
Reaction score
I gained 8rwhp from shorty headers and stock H pipe. Dont tust every dyno you hear and that includes this one but I did gain a tenth at the track. Track doesnt lie.

I know the guy who owns the car and saw the dyno sheets before and after. He had the equal length shorties. Do you have the equal length or un-equal length? Glad you picked up HP! :thumb2: I hope everbody does that buy's them.

Tommygun

forum member
Reaction score
Save your money and bloody knuckles till you can get some quality long tubes and mid pipe imo.

JBA headers seem to offer a few hp increase but for the money you can almost get some long tubes lol

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
I know the guy who owns the car and saw the dyno sheets before and after. He had the equal length shorties. Do you have the equal length or un-equal length? Glad you picked up HP! :thumb2: I hope everbody does that buy's them.

Mine are called tuned lenth

h8imports

forum member
Reaction score
Mine are called tuned lenth

Don't know the difference in them but maybe thats why yours picked up power and the other guys didn't? Dunno? I know his was equal length shorties.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
i got the FRPP shorites and i swear i picked some hp up but i will see when i go to the track in a few weeks

Shades

Reaction score
Wait till you can get longtubes, I love the sound and the powa. Comes in handy if you ever get blown as well...

vastang757

Reaction score
^what he said. I got the BBK ceramic LT's and O/R X and holy crap w/ the new tune it feels like a new car. This should hold me over till I get new gears come christmas :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back