On3Performance 3v build

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
Well after about 4 months of waiting I was able to make the drive to columbus to meet Chad and get my On3performance turbo kit. I was the very first one to recieve a kit, actually he was packing mine up when I got there. Overall I was very happy when I got home and opened up the boxes. The BOV reminds me of a tial and after research he used to us them but not anymore. The kit was pretty much complete as far as putting it in I have not had to buy any extras and I'm almost complete. Everything seems to be fitting nice and tight under the car, only one problem we ran into was trying to get the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler by the power steering pulley. With a little finesse and some torqing we got it by with plenty of clearenss. Really the only thing left to do is tap a spot for my mass air and go back and make sure everything is tight. I don't think I can say enough on how happy I am with the kit, for the price of it and how easy the install was I def. have no regrets. Anything more just ask heres some photos of the build. I have more and can also take more for people who wanna see.
photo.jpg

c765ecea.jpg

2de17828.jpg

583bae24.jpg

c3e4a931.jpg

40760d35.jpg

0f9a01f9.jpg

c0edb00e.jpg

fcc9fc5d.jpg

fad36a78.jpg

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any fitment issues or tweaking that needed to be done? Did everything fit as you expected?

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
The only thing was by the power steering pulley I'll have to get some pics. It gets real tight but we mounted the intercooler out farther so the pipe wouldn't get so close. Now we have plenty of room. To be honest I thought it was gonna be a real big headace, but I was so suprised on how easy it went together. I thought it was going to be a lot of taking pipes on and off and stuff but it wasn't. If you want some photos let me know.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
You're definitely going to need more clearence between the turbine housing and the upper radiator hose.

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I know I still have not cut it out for the one he provided. The metal pipe, so it won't melt when it gets hot.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You're definitely going to need more clearence between the turbine housing and the upper radiator hose.

I think it comes with a mandrel bent, stainless tube. Generally, I am like "eff these cheap %*# kits," but this one caught my attention. It is really complete.

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
Heres a couple crappy photos without lighting. I'll get some lights on it this weekend hopefully, if I'm not to ansy trying to finish.
7ceb1676.jpg

fb580651.jpg

fc45ff68.jpg

c11a0906.jpg

disregard the power steering line still trying to figure out how to move it,plus its a good example of how much space there is
2bd0af64.jpg

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
I like how they put flex pipes in the tubing. I have the hellion kit and I am going to be adding these when i do the motor.

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
If don't mind me asking where is your mass air located. On this kit you have to tap it yourself. He has it in the pipe going to the TB which is 3in., I was thinking that is ok am I correct or does it need to go somewhere else.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like how they put flex pipes in the tubing. I have the hellion kit and I am going to be adding these when i do the motor.

That was one of the things I noticed. I figured it would allow the kit to fit better if a manufacturing defect was present.

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I mean I can't say enough good things about the kit. I guess the real test will be when I get it dynoed and can actually rip on it and see how it holds up. I would think it would be ok though. V-band clamps and plenty of room to shift around and what not. Plus its all stainless 304 and 409.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
Ya my up pipe rubs on my crank pulley a little bit when getting on the car. I am hoping a flex pipe will fix this. you can see my maf right next to the air filter.

Last edited:

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad you posted this. Good information here.

I posted my opinion on the kit a few days ago.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30350

If don't mind me asking where is your mass air located. On this kit you have to tap it yourself. He has it in the pipe going to the TB which is 3in., I was thinking that is ok am I correct or does it need to go somewhere else.
The Helion will have the MAFS in the intake tube after the filter and before the compressor. I have fiddled with draw-through setups and have found them to be a pain. Let's say, I agree with Wes in your other thread (Tech Section) but I would speak to your tuner for a second opinion. I'm not familiar enough with the kit to make a call like that from the sideline and I'm not your tuner. Some people like the draw-through setups.

Last edited:

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
im really, really interested in this kit, except i would go for a 60mm turbo..
any new updates?

i think a blow through MAFS setup would be better too...

you gonna use an electronic boost controller?

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
Only update is so far I have pretty much everything coming to finish up the kit. Gt500 injectors,BAP,MAFia,FRPP plugs,catch can. No boost controller for now, I really just wanna get it on the road and make sure everythings gonna be all good. Again though I couldn't be happier so far as far as the install and help from Chad(owner of on3). For the first half of the kit me and my bro didn't evne have directions and got pretty much almost all the piping down and everything. I forgot to mention only thing I bought that didnt come with the kit was a different return line. He gives you rubber hoses I went with the braided style type line. Also tapping the pan I used metalset 4, approved by the US army. Stuff is reallllly strong so I know my pan won't leak.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
do you have a contact number/email for them?

is your car lowered? im worried about clearance issues...

thanks

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
Northeast Ohio, I just drove down the columbus and picked the kit up myself. First one to get a kit actually, if you would like his number I can give it to ya. You talk to him about it, plus I think he can get ya different turbos if you want them. Edit didn't see your above post his email is [email protected] and # is 614-439-0057. The pipes actually don't sit all that low, but no my car is not lowered. The only pipes I'd be worried about is the ones under the A-arms, even then though I still think there up far enough I won't have any issues/

Last edited:

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
I was really worried about the pipes under the control arms to before I put the kit on. but I have like 4-5 inches of ground clearances and my car is a saleen so it is lowered a little.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back