Take a Look: Stock fuel system on the new 2011 5.0L GT

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just wanted to give everyone a first look at the new fuel system being used on the 2011 5.0L GT. We did this late in the day today so I'll have more pictures and info for you guys tomorrow. Of course we'll be working with our good friends at Fore Precision Works to design dual and triple pump return style systems capable of handling more power than the stock system will be capable of. These cars are going to need it as once the Whipple's and custom turbo setups start rolling out these cars are going to be making some sick power.

Enjoy..
IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
omg.. are you telling me after 6 years they still cant center that damn hole in the seat sheet metal??!!! ahhhhh

Is there any room in that casing to install another pump on the other side?

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
omg.. are you telling me after 6 years they still cant center that damn hole in the seat sheet metal??!!! ahhhhh

It's centered however the size of the ring they use to secure the assembly to the tank is larger than previous years so we had to bend a small section of metal to allow one of the tabs on the ring to pass through the hole. Once the ring is out the assembly is actually much easier to install/remove than the GT500 assembly is. Much more compact with less tubing to get hung up on the opening.

As far as room for another pump goes I don't think that's going to be a viable option. Maybe a larger single pump but I don't believe there's room for another pump in there. We're going to have Fore Precision Works make a dual and triple return style hat for those that need to support more power than the stock system will handle.

Jared

RedMustang

forum member
Reaction score

Exactly.

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
What's with the "cup" design on this pump? Is that supposed to be like a swirl pot from the factory?

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Any updates on this?

I'm still waiting for Justin to send me the prototype. As soon as I have it in hand I'll let you guys know.

What's with the "cup" design on this pump? Is that supposed to be like a swirl pot from the factory?

It's actually a basket which houses the pump, filter and mechanical regulator. The basket also help keep fuel from sloshing away from the pumps. They used a similar design on the GT500's.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moved this "discussion" to the Mustang Chat section gentlemen. :hi:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moved this "discussion" to the Mustang Chat section gentlemen. :hi:

SO far everything has been tech related.. What is this being moved to chat?

Yes, it's tough to see sometimes if there's tech>discussion or disscusion>tech.

Thank you for your thoughts on it. I always put my post at the bottom of a moved thread so members can let me know of my hasty decisions.

And off back to tech in deed.

Thank you,
gig

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back