Trip to the lake with the 2011 GT

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I am not a good photographer and i really dont know how to use my Nikon D60 but i decided to shot a couple of pics.

What do you think??

38667610012_large.jpg

38667610018_large.jpg

38667610017_large.jpg

38667610013_large.jpg

38667610014_large.jpg

38667610016_large.jpg

38667610015_large.jpg

Any advice on how to take pictures? I seen some of the pictures that people have here in the forum and they are awesome.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
Stand farther away from the car so the pic shows some background. Car looks good though. :thumb:

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Haha less wife and more car! Nah j/k the ride looks sweet! I'd take some pics in the city and not nature with that colored car!

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Don't take pictures on grass. Car's don't drive on it, so make sure you use the road in your pictures.

BEAUTIFUL car, and nice pictures though man.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good...Are you just using a auto setting? Auto focus as well

LOL... I dont know i think i am.. i used the landscape feature and the picture looked better like it wasn't too bright but when i used the portrait feature it was too bright same with the one that has a lil boy it says is to show the colors better in the picture.

Sorry for my ignorance but i think the camera is too much for me. I like the cam because the pictures are much better than the other cheap cameras i had before.

midlife

Reaction score
nice car !

i am new to the mustang forums - but my be looking at a 20011 5.0 soon:
what color is your car and are those the stock 18 inch rims ?
if that is the stock hood - it is nice.

congrats

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
LOL... I dont know i think i am.. i used the landscape feature and the picture looked better like it wasn't too bright but when i used the portrait feature it was too bright same with the one that has a lil boy it says is to show the colors better in the picture.

Sorry for my ignorance but i think the camera is too much for me. I like the cam because the pictures are much better than the other cheap cameras i had before.
I'll pm you my addy I can take care of that camera for you!!! I can send you my point and shoot!

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Portrait is for indoor only. On a point and shoot you have to select portrait before you can then select "Macro" (close up). Yours should have a stand alone Macro function.

Landscape works good. Try full auto as well. Also, given the low light, try nightime, but override the flash to off. Dont have funky shit in the background like those wooden arches or w/e the fuck they are. Otherwise, theyre fine for a first try.

But, always, windows UP, tire tread turned AWAY from the cam. Show wheel, not tread.

Also, dont have lines bisecting the pic. Which is why Im not bothered by "field shots". Theres plenty of calendars and posters of cars shot on grass. Youll always have a horizon line, but dont add to it with that cart path or w/e it is in the first pic. Lawn/field shots allow a simplicity of background, fewer elements to distract from the subject.

Lastly, Google and read about "The Rule of Thirds".

Ohh and having the park lights on for some shots makes for a cool effect.

Last edited:

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Portrait is for indoor only. On a point and shoot you have to select portrait before you can then select "Macro" (close up). Yours should have a stand alone Macro function.

Landscape works good. Try full auto as well. Also, given the low light, try nightime, but override the flash to off. Dont have funky shit in the background like those wooden arches or w/e the fuck they are. Otherwise, theyre fine for a first try.

But, always, windows UP, tire tread turned AWAY from the cam. Show wheel, not tread.

Also, dont have lines bisecting the pic. Which is why Im not bothered by "field shots". Theres plenty of calendars and posters of cars shot on grass. Youll always have a horizon line, but dont add to it with that cart path or w/e it is in the first pic. Lawn/field shots allow a simplicity of background, fewer elements to distract from the subject.

Lastly, Google and read about "The Rule of Thirds".

Ohh and having the park lights on for some shots makes for a cool effect.

thanks

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back