Anyone ever had a BMR A arm snap in half?

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Post some pics of the new ones when you get them.

It's natural to think that BMR would prefer not to have this kind of thread made public but it's a good reminder for people with aftermarket parts to keep an eye on them for safety issues. After seeing how BMR stood behind their product and have incorporated design changes over time, I'm more likely to buy their k-member and a-arms now than before I even saw this thread.

Last edited:

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Excellent customer service! Interested in hearing feedback with the improved design as you put some hard miles on them, etc.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good deal, BMR has always been helpful when talking to them. It's good to see them taking care of this the way they are.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Post some pics of the new ones when you get them.

It's natural to think that BMR would prefer not to have this kind of thread made public but it's a good reminder for people with aftermarket parts to keep an eye on them for safety issues. After seeing how BMR stood behind their product and have incorporated design changes over time, I'm more likely to buy their k-member and a-arms now than before I even saw this thread.

This.

Might be my next mod.

GI Joe

Reaction score
Lee and the other guys at BMR have always been straight up...and I have dealt with them for years...no surprises there.
GI Joe

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Wow that is awesome , I was at my buddy'd shop MAK Performance and told him about this topic he was surprised to hear of the a-arm snapping so He called Lee in front of Me and I heard the entire conversation. When Willie hung up the phone I posted in this thread and 10 minutes after Willie spoke to Lee HE posted on here as well . That my friends is customer service like no other, someone who stands by there product 100%.
Thats great news post pics when you get your A-arms.

Pete

GI Joe

Reaction score
Wow that is awesome , I was at my buddy'd shop MAK Performance and told him about this topic he was surprised to hear of the a-arm snapping so He called Lee in front of Me and I heard the entire conversation. When Willie hung up the phone I posted in this thread and 10 minutes after Willie spoke to Lee HE posted on here as well . That my friends is customer service like no other, someone who stands by there product 100%.
Thats great news post pics when you get your A-arms.

Pete

you recall he took that $1000 driveshaft back that we had a few years back, no questions asked...they are good people..

TheDarkPath

forum member
Reaction score
My BMR A Arms just came in on Friday. I moved this weekend so I'm just getting a chance to snap some pictures. If you have any specific picture requests, let me know and I'll get them for you.

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Notice how the support now goes all the way to the end:

IMG_0910.jpg

Look at the old design, which is still on their website:

AA010R.jpg

And look how the ones that snapped don't have the support going to the end:

p_00078-6.jpg

Looks like the support is right where the old ones snapped. I'm no engineer, but it looks like that should strengthen the weak area nicely.

viciousride

Needing more power!
Reaction score
Notice how the support now goes all the way to the end:

IMG_0910.jpg

Look at the old design, which is still on their website:

And look how the ones that snapped don't have the support going to the end:

p_00078-6.jpg

Looks like the support is right where the old ones snapped. I'm no engineer, but it looks like that should strengthen the weak area nicely.

Interesting. I guess I have the old design because it looks exactly as the one on their website (as you posted). Also, the A-Arms that I have do not have zerk fittings on the ball joints -- mine are sealed like the factory ones. I ordered mine along with their k-member in Jun 2010, but have yet to install them. Now I'm having second thoughts on installing them. I guess I'll give BMR a call for their advice/suggestion.

TheDarkPath

forum member
Reaction score
I weighed them at 8.6 pounds each. That was the best I could do on my bathroom scale. I'm not sure that's exactly accurate though. I'm going to try to get a better weight today.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Beat me to it, my replacements came in today. After talking with lee, these are the 3rd revision since they came out, with the brace going all the way to the end, grease fittings, and a stronger dom steel.
p_00093.jpg

p_00094.jpg

p_00095.jpg

p_00096.jpg

viciousride

Needing more power!
Reaction score
Yep, I definitely have the older style A-Arms. I emailed Lee this morning to see if I can exchange my older style A-Arms for the new revised ones. Keep in mind, I have yet to install mine so they're still brand new and in the original box (ordered June 2010).

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back