NEW Saleen upper intake plenum/ blower porting comming soon!!!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to post some pics of a new product we are going to introduce for our 08" line! This is a large volume sheet metal aluminum intake plenum. This is going to increase airflow tremendously leading to more horsepower! We are also going to be offering a blower porting process!!! That will take full advantage of the addtional airflow added by the JDM intake plenum! We do not have pricing or an exact time frame but Id like to be ready to have these things out in the late spring, latest.

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
more pics....

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Jim, couple of questions. Is it going to be painted? Will the Saleen Shaker work with this?

Mike Fedish

This wont work with the shaker blower but i feel we will be able to make way more power with this than the shaker. The plenum we plan to offer in polished and black powdercoated. I have some ideas to do some sort of logo on the plenum lid such as "JDM Racing" or "JDM Special Edition Saleen" Wildcat and Darth stang suggested that to me!

JimIII

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Jim, that looks good. Can't wait to see the dyno numbers (before & after).

Joach

forum member
Reaction score
Might be a stupid question, but why dont Saleen do this themselves? There must be a reason for their current design, or am I missing something?

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Might be a stupid question, but why dont Saleen do this themselves? There must be a reason for their current design, or am I missing something?

If they did it would be easier on us! There is no doubt that a 2.3 L twin screw blower is capable of 20 psi boost and close to 700 RWHP. The Saleen blower because of the upper inlet design is restricted to about 600 RWHP. The boost level is restricted as well due to the fact that we can only get a 10% overdrive crank pulley and 2.8 upper pulley to fit on the drive system. What we are hoping to increase is not boost numbers but better air flow. Hopefully that will lead to a nice power gain. We are not sure because we have never done it. But when we hand ported our upper plenum and added a GT500 Throttle body to our blue car it went from 580 RWHP to just over 600, so I think that little change there will warrant a huge change in power when we go to our monster size upper plenum!

JimIII

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
If they did it would be easier on us! There is no doubt that a 2.3 L twin screw blower is capable of 20 psi boost and close to 700 RWHP. The Saleen blower because of the upper inlet design is restricted to about 600 RWHP. The boost level is restricted as well due to the fact that we can only get a 10% overdrive crank pulley and 2.8 upper pulley to fit on the drive system. What we are hoping to increase is not boost numbers but better air flow. Hopefully that will lead to a nice power gain. We are not sure because we have never done it. But when we hand ported our upper plenum and added a GT500 Throttle body to our blue car it went from 580 RWHP to just over 600, so I think that little change there will warrant a huge change in power when we go to our monster size upper plenum!

JimIII

Why can't you use a 18% OD? There have been many people do it already with the Saleen setups....

Intake looks good though, can't wait to see results.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why can't you use a 18% OD? There have been many people do it already with the Saleen setups....

Intake looks good though, can't wait to see results.

Your right i know CaliHPaddict had one but i dont know if there was any necessary modifications made to the timing cover.

JimIII

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

JimIII

Legitimate question here (are you suprised...lol)...

Did you guys keep the meter when you swapped the TB or did you go bigger?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Legitimate question here (are you suprised...lol)...

Did you guys keep the stock meter when you swapped the TB or did you go bigger?

Well it never really had the stock meter, we started with a 90mm lightning then went to the 2400 when we built the motor. The GT500 throttle body didn't come till a few months later. The mass air is still in a 90mm housing. Im thinking the 2400 will probably peg as we approach 700 and may need to go to a bigger meter. We would use the 2800 because my father really like the Hitachi Electronics better than the new SCT (2600-3000)

JimIII

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
Your right i know CaliHPaddict had one but i dont know if there was any necessary modifications made to the timing cover.

JimIII

Just have to grind a little off the crank position sensor boss when you have the stock pulley off. Not a real big deal for the extra OD.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well it never really had the stock meter, we started with a 90mm lightning then went to the 2400 when we built the motor. The GT500 throttle body didn't come till a few months later. The mass air is still in a 90mm housing. Im thinking the 2400 will probably peg as we approach 700 and may need to go to a bigger meter. We would use the 2800 because my father really like the Hitachi Electronics better than the new SCT (2600-3000)

JimIII

I corrected my post, I meant the the lightning meter. I found about the same level (700) on my KB. I'm also looking into other options.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I just found out adam has already got one for me that whipple recommended to him. Perhaps it's that one. I'll see next week. Either way, that looks great!:rockband:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So that was what you were talking about. Interesting.... I am quite interested actually.

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
You should test the new plenum with Adams big mouth TB (don't remember its name) and see the HP gains for that...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back