Had the 2011 5.0 tuned by Revolution Automotive Yesterday

Reaction score
I had Adam at Revolution Automotive tune my 2011 5.0 yesterday, my cars a 6-speed manual with 3.73's. Car runs awesome now, makes great power for minimum mods. Got to get to the track now, hope to run in the 11's on the stock Pirelli's. I highly recommend Revolution Automotive if u need any kind of performance work done.

Mods:
* Lethal Performance Off-Road X-pipe
* Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-back
* JLT Cold-air kit
* Revolution Automotive 93-oct Tune

Made 405rwhp and 387 rwtq SAE. The STD numbers were 416rwhp and 397rwtq.

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I had Adam at Revolution Automotive tune my 2011 5.0 yesterday. Car runs awesome now, makes great power for minimum mods. Got to get to the track now, hope to run in the 11's on the stock Pirelli's. I highly recommend Revolution Automotive if u need any kind of performance work done.

Mods:
* Lethal Performance Off-Road X-pipe
* Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-back
* JLT Cold-air kit
* Revolution Automotive 93-oct Tune

Made 405rwhp and 387 rwtq SAE. The STD numbers were 416rwhp and 397rwtq.

Thanks for the post. :)

I have pretty much the same engine mods. Plan to dyno in the next couple of weeks myself. :beerchug2:

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Great numbers. Adam knows his stuff and thank you for choosing JLT!!

Jay

Konablue10Gt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I definitely think that 11's on the stock 19's is obtainable. Mine went 12.3@115 on the stock pirellis with just a tune and rear suspension.

Calvins (Levelbelow2000) car has another 30 rwhp over what I had and he is a great driver so expect to see some 11 second time slips soon!!!

Good luck!!

Reaction score
That hasn't been done that I know of. Probably mid 12's on the OEM tires.
Great numbers, these cars truly are amazing with minimal mods.
I know, thats why it's my goal. I went 12.5@115 with a 1.8 60-ft. the other week on the Pirelli's. That was with just the x-pipe, no tune. Which on the dyno we saw that the throttle body was closing when it hit the torque limiter for each gear, so the x-pipe might have been hurting me, could of maybe ran a 12.3 or 12.4 without it. Now with the limiters taken off, the tune and the JLT plus the exhaust, I see no reason it wont run a 11.9 on the stock pirellis.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I definitely think that 11's on the stock 19's is obtainable. Mine went 12.3@115 on the stock pirellis with just a tune and rear suspension.

Calvins (Levelbelow2000) car has another 30 rwhp over what I had and he is a great driver so expect to see some 11 second time slips soon!!!

Good luck!!
Thanks again, I'm going to the track on Friday, if the weather permits, hopefully I can get that 11sec time slip.

cshiznitzj

forum member
Reaction score
I know, thats why it's my goal. I went 12.5@115 with a 1.8 60-ft. the other week on the Pirelli's. That was with just the x-pipe, no tune. Which on the dyno we saw that the throttle body was closing when it hit the torque limiter for each gear, so the x-pipe might have been hurting me, could of maybe ran a 12.3 or 12.4 without it. Now with the limiters taken off, the tune and the JLT plus the exhaust, I see no reason it wont run a 11.9 on the stock pirellis.

Did you cut this 1.8 on the stock tires with stock suspension in a 6 speed? That would be very impressive

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score

That would be impressive for sure. Hope you get it done. If so I believe you would be the first to get into the 11's without sticky tires. Good luck!!

Long Stroke

forum member
Reaction score
Nice numbers! these cars rock.

Ours made 397 with only the Steeda CAI and Tune. No exhaust work at all, those were SAE numbers as well.

S

Steedagus

Nice numbers! these cars rock.

Ours made 397 with only the Steeda CAI and Tune. No exhaust work at all, those were SAE numbers as well.

Also went 11.96 at over 115 with just the cold air, tune, and drag radials.

So if you are looking to go 11's with the modifications you have that should definitely be possible. I don't think you will be disappointed. Get to the track and get that timeslip!

S

Steedagus

Which on the dyno we saw that the throttle body was closing when it hit the torque limiter for each gear.

Yes! Good to finally see someone else talking about this! We noticed this too a long time ago. I've got plenty of dyno sheets of other cars having dips due to power limiting through the drive by wire system. I've talked about this before and some people don't seem to believe it.

This was part of the reason you see some huge gains on 2011 GT on the dyno with our setup. This is something we didnt talk about back when we first started publishing numbers though because solving this power limiting issue was one of our secrets to power.

Interestingly enough, while almost every 2011 5.0 does this, there are a handful of cars you see once in a while that don't manifest this behavior on the dyno with the stock calibration. Those are the ones that seem to get the smallest "dyno" gains. However they still pick up at least 1/2 a second or more in the 1/4 mile in real world testing. This along with many other things I've picked up from experience make me a firm believer that there is no better dyno than the drag strip. Some will disagree with that, but to me drag strip is where you prove what you really have.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I think the OP is thinking 11's on the stock rear suspension and Pirelli's, I honestly don't see how its possible with the way the tires spin in 2nd gear....without a well prepped track , hot temps, and a good burn out and damn good driving!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back