FS- My 4.6 3 Valve NA Motor

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I know I am far away from most of you so I will just say a few things first. I don't buy and sell alot on states forums just because it's mostly inpractical. I am easy to deal with and easy to get ahold of, I am truley an honest guy and everyone will vouch for that. I do want to move onto my next project and as much as I want to keep this perfect motor I need the money for the next one.

This motor only has 25,000kms! it's a stock bottom end (yes I do race and beat on it) every 1000-1200km's it gets amsoil synthetic on a regular bassis.

This motor NOT include (my proto type intake, Electric water pump, T body, cold air, headers, or motor mounts)

- Stage 3 Livernois CNC heads with Bronze guides
- Comp behive valve springs and Steel retainers
- Comp 127500 Camshafts
- Livernois VCT lock out's
- Arp 3 Valve head studs
- Ford 2 valve oem metal chain tensioners (upgrade from oem plastic)
- Moroso Alum Deep sump oil pan
- Melling Billet HD oil pump
- Custom Billet alum idler pulleys
- Steeda Underdrive crank pulley
- Ford Racing Ac delete idler bracket / pulley
- Upr Billet belt tensioner with alum pulley
-Valve covers are painted black and so is the front timing cover
- Has oem 3 valve head gaskest's when heads were done
-Fore alum fuel rails with black russel fittings
-Ford Racing 39 lb injectors

This combo made just over 400wrhp it does have a bit more in it, I just havn't had the time latley...

To make the power I am making you will need an aftermarket intake manifold, long tubes will be mandatory. I did all the work myself and all the details were in my build thread. My avatar pic is the motor im selling minus the parts I listed above.

Anyone pricing these parts seperate and calculating labour will know what it is truley worth, all the work is done and is ready for a straight re and re to go beat up on your buddie's S197's :p Yes you can buy a supercharger for the price of my motor but if you want a decent weapon and want that NA edge this is for the die hards...

This motor will make power all the way to 7100-7200 rpms and will be great for any Street, Strip, road race type car.

I am in Ont Canada, the only way most of you will get this is with a massive crate probably 500-$800. If you live in detroit I might be able to take a drive or meet half way.

The motor currently sit's in the car running. I will pull it out when I get a solid comitment and trust me I will have it all out in a day no questions.

$5000 obo

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
That's a great deal Matt! The heads and cam setup is $4,500 on there own. Someone is going to get a sweet deal. I know 2 people looking for engines. I'll point them here.

Good luck with the sale.

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
wish you were parting it out so i could snatch the heads lol. this is deal though for a n/a guru that wants to save some money

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wish you were parting it out so i could snatch the heads lol. this is deal though for a n/a guru that wants to save some money

Exactly... if someone really want's the a na combo and that's what they want this is the deal for them. I feel this is easy an 11 sec combo with almost any car that can hook.

I really don't want to part it out... to be honest I think I would just keep it if I can't sell it for a future car or project..

:damnit: When does this stuff ever end lol

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's a great deal Matt! The heads and cam setup is $4,500 on there own. Someone is going to get a sweet deal. I know 2 people looking for engines. I'll point them here.

Good luck with the sale.

thank you sir

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Great deal , and great guy ! GLWS man !

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dollar is almost at Par right now ... I want $5000 in my bank so which ever way I make the deal happen lol

Blacksmoke

forum member
Reaction score
Matt,
I was thinking about doing heads and maybe intake but when I was talking about it over on the mustangforums I was getting people that were saying I would lose MASSIVE low end.

Is this true?
I mean look at ur freaking sig with your car catching air on launch!
I don't get it!

I was wanting to get as close as I can to 400rwhp NA but I don't wanna sacrifice alot of low end.
My mods so far are:

Exedy Mach 400 Clutch and Flywheel
C&L Racer Cold Air Intake
Ford Racing Hot Rod Cams
FRRP 4.10 gears
BBK Ceramic Long Tube headers
BBK High flow catted X
MGW short throw shifter
Bassani axle back
Dyno tune.

Right now I am at about 320RWHP.
Suggestions?

And I read your article it was GREAT.
Amazing what you have done with your car.

I have a couple of buds looking for engines and I am DEFINITELY going to point them
to your engine for sale.

Thanks for the help in advance.
You can PM me if you want to talk about it.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
GLWS matt. killer chance for someone to pick of THE NA 3v.

the heads, and cam are probably worth 5k.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Matt,
I was thinking about doing heads and maybe intake but when I was talking about it over on the mustangforums I was getting people that were saying I would lose MASSIVE low end.

Is this true?
I mean look at ur freaking sig with your car catching air on launch!
I don't get it!

I was wanting to get as close as I can to 400rwhp NA but I don't wanna sacrifice alot of low end.
My mods so far are:

Exedy Mach 400 Clutch and Flywheel
C&L Racer Cold Air Intake
Ford Racing Hot Rod Cams
FRRP 4.10 gears
BBK Ceramic Long Tube headers
BBK High flow catted X
MGW short throw shifter
Bassani axle back
Dyno tune.

Right now I am at about 320RWHP.
Suggestions?

And I read your article it was GREAT.
Amazing what you have done with your car.

I have a couple of buds looking for engines and I am DEFINITELY going to point them
to your engine for sale.

Thanks for the help in advance.
You can PM me if you want to talk about it.

Compared to my old dyno when I had stock heads and cams... I did not loose anything at all between 2-4000rpms it was the same hp until it went over 4000 and it sky rocketed the power ban and the pull... I will see if I have the dyno graphs overlayed so you can see for your self. Do not hesitate to do heads, cams, intake on these cars. You will be happyier then pig's in shit :p oh I gained some good torque pull aswell. My car use to make 336hp STD on the stock long block and it made 409-410 std now

Blacksmoke

forum member
Reaction score
Compared to my old dyno when I had stock heads and cams... I did not loose anything at all between 2-4000rpms it was the same hp until it went over 4000 and it sky rocketed the power ban and the pull... I will see if I have the dyno graphs overlayed so you can see for your self. Do not hesitate to do heads, cams, intake on these cars. You will be happyier then pig's in shit :p oh I gained some good torque pull aswell. My car use to make 336hp STD on the stock long block and it made 409-410 std now

What about the torque down low?
What did that look like between 2-4k RPM?
Loose any?

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What about the torque down low?
What did that look like between 2-4k RPM?
Loose any?

If he didn't lose any HP between 2-4K RPM, how could he lose torque? HP is just a calculation of torque and RPM, so to have the same HP at a given RPM, torque has to be the same.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention it comes with the fore rails and ford racing 39 lb injectors

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back