Precision Billet wheel 67mm turbo vs cast wheel results!

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
I mistyped when I said that AR has everything to do with efficiency, I meant powerband. IE my example and your quote from the link

quick60

forum member
Reaction score
nice #, i wish i have a little more comp as im running 8:5:1 now, and i have to boost the shit out of my turbo to make almost the same power u did. On my old motor i put down 609hp and around 640 tq on very similar boost as u have.(15.6 psi i believe, 9:5:1 comp. and thats on a 76mm turbonetics .81 a/r)
what rpms u hit full boost?
how do u like the ford racing manifold, was it worth the money as im thinking of getting one myself.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice #, i wish i have a little more comp as im running 8:5:1 now, and i have to boost the shit out of my turbo to make almost the same power u did. On my old motor i put down 609hp and around 640 tq on very similar boost as u have.(15.6 psi i believe, 9:5:1 comp. and thats on a 76mm turbonetics .81 a/r)
what rpms u hit full boost?
how do u like the ford racing manifold, was it worth the money as im thinking of getting one myself.

Thanks! Yeah im going to switch back to .81 as I probably have too much back pressure at 650rwhp. That or go with the full 3" exhuast. Great numbers as well, I mean thats not alot of boost if you think about it, 15psi on that 76 is just gettign started! Im very happy with the 9.1:1 though.

I will have to check the full dyno sheets once i get them emailed to me but its somewhere before 3500rpms. Whats really different about this turbo is it starts making a 1-2lbs right off the bat at just over 2000 rpms. And crusinging at 75-80 mph in 5th gear on the highway its just sitting there making the turbo spooling sound constantly and just slightly pushing the gas pedal in 5th at those speeds builds boost.

Last edited:

quick60

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah im going to switch back to .81 as I probably have too much back pressure at 650rwhp. That or go with the full 3" exhuast. Great numbers as well, I mean thats not alot of boost if you think about it, 15psi on that 76 is just gettign started! Im very happy with the 9.1:1 though.

I will have to check the full dyno sheets once i get them emailed to me but its somewhere before 3500rpms. Whats really different about this turbo is it starts making a 1-2lbs right off the bat at just over 2000 rpms. And crusinging at 75-80 mph in 5th gear on the highway its just sitting there making the turbo spooling sound constantly and just slightly pushing the gas pedal in 5th at those speeds builds boost.

sounds good must be fun to have a quick boost reaction, i have to wait a little for mine but its worth the wait lol...

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Awesome news Jeremy! I just got my exhaust fixed exhaust housing back. I'm going to try to put it on this week at some point. I hope that I have eliminated my issues and this will be the last time I have to take it off for a while. Hey how much did your engine run you for the build(cost and labor). I couldn't remember reading that in your build story.

quick60

forum member
Reaction score
hey Lighblade how do u like the ford racing manifold? what kinda power improvements u notice after the install?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome news Jeremy! I just got my exhaust fixed exhaust housing back. I'm going to try to put it on this week at some point. I hope that I have eliminated my issues and this will be the last time I have to take it off for a while. Hey how much did your engine run you for the build(cost and labor). I couldn't remember reading that in your build story.

Sweet, look foward to seeing how that works out.

About $5k for all parts labor and machine work. Which is towards the low end. If I had to do it over I would just buy an already built forged shortblock.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hey Lighblade how do u like the ford racing manifold? what kinda power improvements u notice after the install?

Love it. Looks awesome, works and is a great price, what more could you want lol

At 12psi of boost I picked up peak gains of 24rwhp and an average of 30rwhp throught out the boost curve with gains of 35rwhp in the midrange. This was compared to the stock manifold with a bigger tb and delete plates already.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Yea that's what I was wondering. It seems like one would incur a lot of cost when disassembling and then building. I think SD's short block will be my route whenever that takes place.

quick60

forum member
Reaction score
Love it. Looks awesome, works and is a great price, what more could you want lol

At 12psi of boost I picked up peak gains of 24rwhp and an average of 30rwhp throught out the boost curve with gains of 35rwhp in the midrange. This was compared to the stock manifold with a bigger tb and delete plates already.
nice, thanks for the info. i might look into buying one now, just wonder would i need a retune after i put in on?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will try to email you the dyno sheets from my phone again...

Got it Greg!

Here is the full size pic of the 16psi pulls that Greg took on his phone. Still not the best quality till i can get them emailed to me but you get the idea.

First pull was a little rich and let out at 5900, second one cleaned up air/fuel and pulled to 6500 and that was that! I gota say Im very impressed with Mike's tuning, he quickly calculates the percentages and is usually spot on the first try then just tweaks it in. Only needed 2 pulls to dial in the 16psi setting after bumping it up from 14psi!

2010-11-12_163006.jpg

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got a bunch of my graphs today. Heres antoher at 14psi, blue line is cast 67mm and green line is billet 67mm.

castvsbillet.jpg

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
that layover charts looks awesome man! Look at the power pickup through the midrange!!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that layover charts looks awesome man! Look at the power pickup through the midrange!!

Heck yeah! Just figured out how to display torque too.

At 14psi at 4,000 rpms the billet is up 100rwhp/100rwtq!

hptq4k.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back