Which is better? JLT CAI vs. STEEDA CAI

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
After reading all the threads on numerous sites on who has the better CAI - JLT or STEEDA???
We here at BBR decided to end all the controversy.
We tested BOTH of these cold air intake systems on my 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Automatic.

We did baseline on the car on a dynojet dyno and it made 350 rwhp / 332 rwtq 100% completely stock on 93 Octane fuel.

We then put a tune in it with a stock setup using BBR Tune w/ SCT software. It then made 375 rwhp / 354 rwtq on 93 octane with JUST A TUNE.

Then we installed a JLT Carbon Fiber CAI onto the car and it jumped up to an amazing 393rwhp/377rwtq on 93 octane.

Then we took off the JLT and installed the STEEDA CAI onto the same car and it made 393rwhp/376rwtq on 93 octane.

So, to our findings based off our testing of both of these cold air intake systems is....

BOTH the JLT and the STEEDA CAI's are BAD ASS!!!!!

They both picked up 40+ horsepower with one of our BBR Xtreme tunes incorporated with them over stock.

Dyno Graphs will be added tomorrow on all 4 runs.

Last edited by a moderator:

confuzed

forum member
Reaction score
oh boy...somebodys discount bout to decrease!! lol.
thats the way it SHOULD be tested!! (if not at the track) dyno with a tune, THEN with CAI and tune.
id love to see a 2010 done the same way..........
kudos to BBR

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be going to the track hopefully tomorrow night to test both systems down the 1320'

That'll be the ultimate test!!!

Reaction score
Just goes to show you they are all pretty good. I have the CnL, and my dyno numbers are in the sig.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
moved to Mustang chat befuckin' cause it just seems too chattable to be tech :boobies:

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Of course all dyno numbers vary, but I made just that with a BBR tune ;)

I'm hoping to see 400-405 with the addition of an intake, hope I am not expecting too much

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Of course all dyno numbers vary, but I made just that with a BBR tune ;)

I'm hoping to see 400-405 with the addition of an intake, hope I am not expecting too much

Lets not forget.... My car is an automatic... So the numbers are going to be lower on my car than on a manual car.

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Great job BBR and killer numbers for an automatic. Just insane!!

Thanks for your efforts

Jay

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Great job BBR and killer numbers for an automatic. Just insane!!

Thanks for your efforts

Jay

Of course!
Anytime Jay. We are going to be playing with them more on the dyno and attempting to maximize the power increases. We used our e-mail tunes for these numbers to prove that they work. But we are now going to go in and fine tune both of these intakes, not only so I can get the optimum power, but so we can also improve the tunes for these items that we send out to our customers.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back