P0300

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Car has about 450 miles on it and no problems. Just installed a JLT cai and oil catch can. Loaded up a Brenspeed 93 race tune and got code for random misfire. Loaded the 93 street tune and everything is fine. Any suggestions other than getting a revised race tune emailed to me?

Intervention

forum member
Reaction score
Car has about 450 miles on it and no problems. Just installed a JLT cai and oil catch can. Loaded up a Brenspeed 93 race tune and got code for random misfire. Loaded the 93 street tune and everything is fine. Any suggestions other than getting a revised race tune emailed to me?

Please read the thread in this section "misfire" I replied in there

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I have same issue. But mine was there before the tune and cold air. But makes me wonder if it enhances it. Although I have had my catch can on from the beginning. This could be a common link. It is now off.

cababah

Reaction score
When you took the catch can off, did the codes go away?

I have a hard time believing something as simple as a catch can could cause misfires...all it is doing is filtering the oil/air moving through the PCV....

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Catch can and JLT cai are still on. Only difference is I'm now running the street tune. No codes with this program. Don't think a catch can would influence spark. Going to call Brenspeed Monday and see what they suggest.

Modshack

forum member
Reaction score
When you took the catch can off, did the codes go away?

I have a hard time believing something as simple as a catch can could cause misfires...all it is doing is filtering the oil/air moving through the PCV....

That should have nothing to do with it..

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I know sounds crazy that it would be catch can. But that only thing have on it that has been on since I bought car. And since first time did it. Went for a spirited ride just now. No code. Doesn't mean it's gone though.

George you should check too.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Falcon Fixer

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I got the same code with my Steeda CAI.
Check ALL of your hose clamps and connections.
I had over 3k miles on my Steeda and the hose clamp for the air filter itself worked loose.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I noticed today the catch can had a crack in one the fittings. When moved the hose the fitting broke in half. I wonder if this could been causing it.

Drove today. Code still pops up. P0302.

Last edited:

cababah

Reaction score
I noticed today the catch can had a crack in one the fittings. When moved the hose the fitting broke in half. I wonder if this could been causing it.

the JLT piece is using ford oem metal lines so this would be surprising if it was in fact the catch can that failed and caused this problem....and i was hearing nothing but good things about these JLT cach cans up until now....

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
the JLT piece is using ford oem metal lines so this would be surprising if it was in fact the catch can that failed and caused this problem....and i was hearing nothing but good things about these JLT cach cans up until now....

It's an OEM plastic line.

Mine has no cracks.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
It still does it with out the catch can. The line didn't break the fitting is what broke on the can side.

It's not the can causing the issue. It did today with can off. Factory tune in it and cold air off and stock intake on.

Konablue10Gt

forum member
Reaction score
It still does it with out the catch can. The line didn't break the fitting is what broke on the can side.

It's not the can causing the issue. It did today with can off. Factory tune in it and cold air off and stock intake on.

After it throws the code, can you hear it missing at idle or does it sound normal with just the code showing up?

I also agree that the catch can has nothing to do with it.

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
After it throws the code, can you hear it missing at idle or does it sound normal with just the code showing up?

I also agree that the catch can has nothing to do with it.

Mine sounds completely normal when it does it. Not missing at all. Its just something in the factory tune that needs to be updated.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Mine sounds normal. I don't feel a lost of power either.

If it in factory tune then should stop with a tune. Mine don't.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has left their car stock? Sheesh. 450 miles and already modded. I have 5300 miles, no mods other than a JLT oil separator and have had absolutely zero problems.

I think all these problems with misfires, busted rings, etc are all in the tune. The EECs in these cars are brand new. And believe it or not, I'm betting the tuners don't quite know the ins and outs yet. It'll get there. Give them time.

cshiznitzj

forum member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has left their car stock? Sheesh. 450 miles and already modded. I have 5300 miles, no mods other than a JLT oil separator and have had absolutely zero problems.

I think all these problems with misfires, busted rings, etc are all in the tune. The EECs in these cars are brand new. And believe it or not, I'm betting the tuners don't quite know the ins and outs yet. It'll get there. Give them time.

Loaded a tune at 1000 miles. Currently 2800 miles. Only problem is traction.

what has the dealer said about the misfire?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back