CAR OF THE YEAR 2010: TurboPete

GI Joe

Reaction score
nice Pete...you did alot of nice stuff on that car...
Dave

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Hey if it couldn't be me...:nana:

Seriously, congrats Pete. Wicked fast car and a TRUE "street car". VERY well deserved :bravo:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pete, you rock and you deserve it man.

so clean and so fast :clap:

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Wow , Thanks soo much you guys , I saw the post early this morning on my way to work couldn't believe it was about COTY .

Thank you all very much for all the nice comments , its been a real fun ride to get it this far , thanks to my buddy Dave Lewis (GIJOE) for putting up with all my phone calls . Hahahahah. Its been a blast throwing around ideas . You can do a search in the forums, and sure enough you can find info or people who have done it to help you out along the way.

The car really is a blast , big thanks to my buddy Willie at MAK Performance , Jason Gatlin from ATF the tranny is unbreakable , Tim Eichhorn from Mustang Performance Racing who built the motor , and my good Friend Willie Figueroa who Ive learned so much thru the years, and tunes the car.

We all have a passion for our cars , the best thing is the path you take to get to your version of your dream ride.

Thanks Again for picking the Car , I was extremely surprised this morning.
Ohh by the way Im headed out to the track tomorrow last race of this year with a set of Slicks for the 1st time , lets see what she can do !

Thanks Again ,

Pete

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Congratulations buddy! You defiantly deserve it and now it's time to get that bad boy in some magazines! I hope I can get down to the spring break NMRA race to see it and meet you in person finally.

Couldn't have gone to a better guy!

Thanks buddy , I'll try to get it ready for the NMRA event , need a cage built but Im trying to finish my foxbody for the same event . Eitherway I will be out there 1st round is on me .

I would love to have the car in the magazine but I have no luck for that sort of thing. Ive tried for 2 years to get into KOTS and never get a response can you believe it. The only thing I got was a reply that said very nice looking car.
I guess I need to make it go 8s to get respect for a plain white S197.

Pete

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
With slicks I will guess 9.5Xs.

Thats what Im hoping for but this time Im going to hit the Nitrous out of the gate on a Progressive controller and leave on 12 psi's of boost only and bring the nitrous in 1.3x into the run .
If the car hooks ( which it should ) Im hoping for a 1.38 60ft with like a 9.4x @ 150 .

Id like to find out who's been the fastest with Stock Heads and Cams.

Pete

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats what Im hoping for but this time Im going to hit the Nitrous out of the gate on a Progressive controller and leave on 12 psi's of boost only and bring the nitrous in 1.3x into the run .
If the car hooks ( which it should ) Im hoping for a 1.38 60ft with like a 9.4x @ 150 .

Id like to find out who's been the fastest with Stock Heads and Cams.

Pete

You might be it. I don't know anyone else running stock heads and cams running into the 9.50s. I think Fin1 is the closest.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats Pete! You have done an awesome job with your car

Thanks alot Vinny I really appreciate it .

You might be it. I don't know anyone else running stock heads and cams running into the 9.50s. I think Fin1 is the closest.

I think Fin1 and Redfire are the fastest, but Im not sure they are completely Stock Heads and Cam. I think they have cams and stock heads unported. Regardless I would like to know for sure before I claim the Title . LOL :clap:.

Didn't you hear? Stock heads can't handle that much power :clap:

Hahahah thats what I keep hearing , as well as if you built the motor you should have done the heads that was a dumb move . Then I show them the time slip . Everything goes dead silent . Hahaaha

Pete

Last edited:

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great choice for COTY...There is something to be said about a street car that looks and runs as your does...Great job:clap:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back