3.4 Whipple + 331 CID = 6.43 @ 109 first time out

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is a video of the first two passes ever with this combination. 6.43 @ 109 with "only" a 1.45 60' time. Car spun but still did ok out of the hole.

19 degrees @ WOT and 20 psi. Should be in 6.20 territory next week.

[SFIRE]34-Whipple-331CID-Mustang-643109mph_157863[/SFIRE]

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot---listen to what one of the spectators say at the end of the second video..........

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks for the vid Paul

nice to see the CK back on the road!

ulev1st

Mustang Addict!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man...that car is SICK! All the powwwer in a DD is awesome! Congrats

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Insane! That car is a monster.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Congrats Mark, some nice numbers you have there. Great video Paul. :clap:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great first time out---I am going to assume that Mark was happy--it certainly looked like it. First pass he was shifting too late and he was "supposed" to do a first lic pass--which would be to the 60' mark. But, he kind of didn't do that, haha.

In the first video you can see him spin quite a bit out of the hole, and that was a 1.45 60', so I think its safe to say if it hooks he should be in the 1.3X 60' area. Time will tell.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
good times mark. What would they convert to in 1/4 mile times?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The guys who turn faster then a 6.40 (6.39) in the 1/8th are subject to the same rules as a 1/4 mile car going 9.99. That would put him at 10.0X right now I would think---but hard to tell because of the mph. If he can turn a 6.20 next week that should put him around 9.60-9.70 in the 1/4.

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
re car

I figured it out and that was a 9.97 pass, with the break in tune.The boost is at 18 and peaks 20 at redline.The air fuel is 10.9-11.3, which is real fat for c-16, and max timing was 19, which c-16 tends to need more lead to light off. It was a good thing the car was lazy last night, it already has traction issues. The car defintely has a 6.1 in it at this boost level, and I figure in a couple of weeks once the suspension is set, 5.90's with more room to grow. This car will see the 8's, but its on the Gerber program right now. BABY steps, until the car is completely setup and dialed in. Id rather work on it t the track, not my shop anyway.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Wheeeeeee!!! Awesome! Congrats on being back, Mark! And kudos to Adam for all his work, not to mention his desire to be there at the track to help dial it in!!

Thanks Paul. :clap:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WOW - some beast being built there!!!! guess you gotta crawl before you walk and then run!!!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!:leghump:

It was great to finally be back at the track. I'm going again on Sunday and it should be a little faster. I was supposed to do some license passes but it was so crowded and we got a late start so I didn't want to waste my two runs.

Paul slowed down the frames and we counted the tire spinning 6 rotations before I took off! I can't imagine how deadly the car will be when it hooks and grabs instantly. A 1.45 60' with 6 rotations before grabbing is just plain scary when it grabs from the get go.

I was WOT with the transbrake so I think I have to only load the car about 2500 rpm or so and then it will hook. I will find out next time and play around with it. I may even foot brake it and see how that goes. We are still dialing in the suspension and the car really is very fat and conservative right now.

Adam is being modest, he really hasn't even tapped the potential of the car yet and the blower is not breaking a sweat at 19 psi. I have no doubt in my mind that this car will see an 8 once it's dialed in. I'm also keeping the rpm's down and shifting around 6300 till it's seated well and dialed in. It's really exciting considering the car is just being broken in right now and it's only going to get much faster....:piano:

Once I figure out exactly where to launch from and grab fro the go - this thing is going to be an animal off the line.

It's good to 'be back'...:rockband::clap:

PS - to Josh and Kevin - this is one 'whipple' boy' who isn't going to be skeered of the KB...:moon2:

Last edited:

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't think you actually ran your car, CK...I just figured you kept it in the S.T. shop where they installed every power-adder imaginable just for the fun of it.

:moon2:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL

Nope - just taste-tested the menu till we found the right dish...

Turns out it's 'Whipple A' La' Mode'...:idea:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back