Official GT500 FOX swap

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
Ok, some of you may already know that im putting a 07 GT500 drivetrain and interoir in my 89 LX coupe. I was trying to sell the drivetrain to buy a coyote car but, thats not going to happen so, i will continue to build the Fox500. The plans for the build is to install eveything to make adjustments on fittments, and after i get it right, i will tear it back down, paint inside and out, reinstall eveything, so it will be a while before any pretty pics appear lol. I hope to have it done by the end of summer but if i dont, thats fine. As mentioned, im trying to install everything i can off the shebly, shaker 1k, seats, arm rest, window switches, door handles on fox panels.

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
The coupe,, 89, 4cylinder car
IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2269-1.jpg

IMG_2272-1.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

Last edited:

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
The GT500. 2007 (13k mile). 2.8 stg3 KB mammoth, 1peice DS, Spec stg5 twin disc clutch.
IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

Last edited:

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
i cant wait to get the engine out and clean it up, may do some wrinkle powder coating to the cam covers and a few other accessories, but this, it stay like it is!!!!!
IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

stangsforever

Reaction score
Most of the hard work for adapting the 5.4 to a fox has benn done for you.
If you follow the Fox500 project on 50mustangandsuperfords you shouldn't have a problem.

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
Yeah, i saw that article but im doing alot of stuff different like the dash and ac stuff so there is a little more issues to deal with here, im also using gt500 brake and clutch master cylinder and not manual brakes so i may have to use the shelby firewall fao all that to bolt up right and the pedals. But yes, the easy part is putting the engine and tranny in, the hard is making it look good and right.

1FastS197

Reaction score
here's the dash... it wasn't bolted in, just hanging there in this pic... its in now...
Fox500.jpg

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
Is this Marc's old gt500 that got destroyed in an accident a little while ago?

I know he's in Washington but you never know..

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
Thanx for the compliments guys, This is Wayne Doss old 500. He owned the bodyshop in Newton MS i while back. BTW, The driver left with a sore arm, Wayne (pass) code 9 3 times in life flight but, after many surgeries and treatments, he is doing ok today. Its been a little over a year since it happened.

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like dash sits way forward into cabin. How are seats and shifter and all that fitting in? Going to be sweet when you finish though. Saw a guy in Bowling Green last year who did same swap into old school Mach 1.. Was pretty cool..

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back