BMR A Arm Cracked

08GOGT

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone seen this happen?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't think I want to go with BMR again at this point, maybe just a set of GT500 A Arms and I am thinking of swapping the rear BMR control arms now for something else as well. Just a couple of months ago the bushing was swapped on this A arm as the bushing was crap, so it had no signs of a crack in december and it was on a lift 3 weeks ago for an oil change and nothing looked wrong, so I am thinking the OEM style is what I am going to stick with now.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you were not driving the car when this happened and if it is not broken all they way do not drive it! Ask Jeremy how much fun that was...then getting a flat bed to haul to to a shop to fix....and you will shit yourself if you have to buy new ones from a dealer, $230 each plus whatever it costs to swap.

I would be looking for used stock ones asap if I were you.

08GOGT

forum member
Reaction score
Also if you notice where it broke I am a bit afraid to run a tubular arm again. I think griggs will be the only front suspension I run ever again as they at least give a lifetime backing on the product.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I am very sorry to see you have this issue with our product.

Please give me a call as soon as you can, so we can discuss.

Thank you.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
^ customer service right there.

I love all of my BMR stuff, don't have the A-arms though. Looking to do those when I get their k-member.

Just hope this issue gets resolved because this is a little irksome

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I will be here.

Just give me a call when you get a chance.

Thank you.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
BMR - awesome co to work with, kudos for speaking up. This is how it should be and why I think JLT is the worst.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
08GO, Please call me.

I would like to discuss this issue with you.

Thanks!

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
I broke a Spohn a arm on my s10. Turned out i had my coilovers set too high and on a big bump the coils would smack together and bottom out. So in the end it was my fault.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
BMR - awesome co to work with, kudos for speaking up. This is how it should be and why I think JLT is the worst.

I'd say an awesome company would design parts that wouldn't break in the first place.

That's 2 or 3 BMR A-arms and BMR panhard that I have seen broken on this site in past year.

BMR weight reduction is also doubling as a possible life reduction strategy.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
I'd say an awesome company would design parts that wouldn't break in the first place.

That's 2 or 3 BMR A-arms and BMR panhard that I have seen broken on this site in past year.

No kidding :asshat:

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score

No kidding :asshat:. You definetly get what you pay for.

Sorry double post lol

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score

true, but you can only test a part so much. Unless you drive it every single day in real world conditions for years you just don't know. Every company can have a product fail through no fault of their own. But to step up way after you've designed an errant part is the way to do it. I say kudos for them, they made a bad part, no fault of their's, but regardless. It busted, it failed and they're taking care of it.

101fng

forum member
Reaction score

you bought a USED JLT1 from a third or fourth party and you expected them to replace it...

if i bought a 6 year old used car from you and it broke down, would ford replace it for me?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In BMR's defense I am pretty sure they advertise on their site that their A arms are for race/drag only...if that is the case then they are really stepping up as they could say they are not responsible for the parts breaking as they are not being used properly/what they were designed for.

08GOGT

forum member
Reaction score
I spoke with Lee yesterday about the A-arms and he is sending me the new updated design free of charge. That is better than great customer service. I knew they were past the 2 yr coverage but they stand behind the product and even with only a hand full of failures that made changes and updated the arms and I'll be sporting a new set of A-arms shortly. With the denver DA I need to keep as much weight off the car as possible so the A-arms and K member are a needed mod at this altitude.

I'll grab some picks of the new arms mounted on the K Member soon as I get them and have them bolted on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back