"Cammed" 2011 5.0 (Video)

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
Just a quick video of my 2011 5.0 with a before and after of what just a tune can do. Yes, I can drive it.

I have a 93 Performance tune purchased through Evolution Performance and tuned by none other then Jon Lund of Lund Racing. For more information you can contact Jon if you are interested in obtaining this tune file for your own vehicle. You may even get in touch with Evolution to see about having there tune packages to include it. Thanks

Update.

New video is up. For those who wish they can have only a "little" lope at idle, or less aggressive, this may be for you.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
please post in proper sections.... moved to pics as this is not tech.

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
The second i take off it drives just like my 93 tune. So what you get is a badass sounding idle without the cost of the cams. Some will love it, others wont. Just like anything else. Contact Jon Lund for any pricing information. Thanks.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
I think it's cool and both kinda poser at the same time.

What kinda cams you running?

Stock.

Sounds cammed?

It's just a tune.

I'd walk away laughing myself.

Evolution Performance

forum member
Reaction score
The Official name for the tune is "Evolution Ghost Cams Tune".

We also have it running on several Boosted applications, 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Auto with Procharger Stage II @ 10PSI with the Boss Intake Manifold.

The tunes will be available for purchase shortly....

03Glock

EX New Edge
Reaction score
Sounds like someone who puts N2O on there car just for the purge.... Sounds good but I don't like the idea that its "fake".

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
It would be kinda weird/embarrassing telling someone that you have stock cams when they ask. But, I gotta say, if I had a 2011 I would be first in line for that tune! It sounds so good! Props to Evolution for being able to do it.

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
I just cant wait to see that as a sig mod.

2011 GT, exhaust, intake, cam lopey tune.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in for it.

Sure it's not a cam swap, but you certainly get the rough idle!

Sign me up! I'll order a tune right now!

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Tuners optimize cam timing with the stock cams to make more power.. Why not change the overlap at idle to make it sound cool as well? Nothing wrong with that.. If you're buying a tune for the first time, and this feature is included, I see nothing wrong with it. Now, if you went out and spent 500 bucks just to get a tune file for this feature alone, that would be kinda silly.

Travis

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
I would like to add a few things here....

1. Ironically, it does not idle rough at all. infact, it idles almost as if it were stock.

2. Who cares if someone dosnt like what YOU have done to YOUR car. Seriously, how much power does an exhaust system give us? MAYBE 10 hp and loses some low end TQ? For what? Most of us that get exhaust get it for the sound becuase we want out cars to have a nice muscle car sound to it. We are car people and as such like to modify the way our cars look and sound.

3. You CAN just tell someone its tuned. You have a race tune on the car, and one of the characteristics is the idle. Thats all. Whocares what others "may" think. If thats the case dont bother rolling out of bed tomorrow.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back