What have you done to your mustang today?

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Drove about 80 miles to day got the break in oil out of it and filled if with fresh royal purple, Crack a fresh drum of e-98 with the new barrel wrench I bought a month ago and used the new pump I got from Mcmaster carr- worked very slick- now for the depressing stuff - was trying to explain to the girlfriend why the car is so much louder with the new Big red open bov, when I was explaining the difference between vacuum and boost while showing her I ended up getting a speeding ticket- tried to explain to the female office why I may of been speeding (she asked) it was pointless, she didn't have a clue what I was trying to explain- I gave up, left with my speeding ticket and there is still 2 clueless women that don't understand boost- lol.

There's about 3.5 billion of them so don't feel too bad

teeje

Reaction score
Ordered the 2012 steering wheel and emblem, radio interface and harness..cant wait.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Spent the morning fixing a coolant leak that has been bothering me for some time....see that goo? I cleaned it all up to perfection but lost my "after" picture! Oh well, it is not leaking anymore so I am happy with it.

Also, I cleaned my seats with a pretty strong solution of APC. I am really digging the "flat" or "matte" look. It hides a lot of the wear. See my post above to compare.

Onelildude

forum member
Reaction score
Changed my front shocks and control arms to the Boss pieces that Steeda sells.. after I bent one shock and broke the control arm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
Took the stang out for a drive, took some pics, brought it home. I installed an Led bulb for the license plate light, and removed the radiator hold down brackets to paint them black.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Got my MT82, MGW Race Spec, and a new clutch installed tonight. So far, so good. I can't wait for this clutch to break in so I can get on it.

travelers

Reaction score
Got my MT82, MGW Race Spec, and a new clutch installed tonight. So far, so good. I can't wait for this clutch to break in so I can get on it.

Congrats on the new install. As for the clutch brake in, I have yet to understand that. I have installed new clutched in my old 69 Mustang, 70 Maverick, Tractor trailer clutches and as a crew member on a SS/AH stick car and we resurface the twin disks every 10 or so runs and non of there have ever had a brake in. Is the brake in the wrong wording for seating the disk to the pressure plate? Interesting.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
It's just to make sure you get a layer of clutch material transferred to the plate and flywheel AFAIK. A couple heat cycles and it should be good. I used my old flywheel without resurfacing and I used a used stock pressure plate from a friends 14 GT. Only the disc was new.

I put a new clutch in when I did my swap and within 10-15 minutes I was hammering that fucker like it owed me money lol. This one should be fine now, so I'll likely give it the beans on the way home.

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Tokico D-Spec struts/shocks and Steeda Ultralite springs, new drilled and slotted rotors and new pads installed. Still have to center the rear end and have an alignment done.
694cdc1b5e10c9c50d399f1db35db66b.jpg

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Drove it like I stole it at Texas World Speedway. Hit 135 on the babies straight then hit a 90 degree sweeper at 90mph. What a rush.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finished putting my exhaust back together last night. Catted shorty H pipe went back on, and I got one of those ebay axle backs that comes with the borla stinger-style axle back. Fired it up today, damn it's loud, going to have to see how livable it is.

Part of the reason I did this was to find out how it sounded without the resonators I've had on there since I put on the longtubes- I honestly think they were killing a lot of my idle/low speed sound because I'm finally hearing that killer idle lope from my cams that I've been missing.

teeje

Reaction score
Took the seats out and got the SEM classic coat. Worked great. Matches the factory leather color, a little off..might end up going to black. Somehow cracked my phones screen..no clue how.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back