TSB 10-19-4

Clutch stayout at high rpm - built on or before 4/25/2010

Attachments

• tsb10-19-04.pdf
    47.1 KB · Views: 413

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
The pedal isn't the full fix though, waste of time if you ask me.

SF18C

Reaction score
I kinda have the same thoughts…I mean if my brakes were chattering, squeaking and violently shaking when I used them at high speeds I am not sure how much of a help it would be to change the brake peddle assembly. But it if it is under warranty then at least is it is a step in the right direction.

rollin' in my 5.0

Reaction score
On my friend's manual 5.0, he took it in to the dealership for the same problem and they completely changed out the assembly to a GT500 assembly. Problem was solved. Hope that helps out.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
FWIW we have a Mcleod RST clutch in our car and no springs on our pedal assembly and its working just fine. Ours is an early car that had only one helper spring installed which has since been removed.

Thanks for the TSB.

JJ

RSKtakR

Reaction score
well this is good.. but i dont have this problem w/ my car. I think my car is more of a hydraulic problem.. either the presure plate or the slave/master cylinder.. it feels like i have zero clutch or zero fluid.. the car can be running and in neutral, try to put the shifter into gear (not all the way in gear because it wont go) and the car starts to move forward or reverse (if you try reverse). I dropped it off at the dealership this morning, got put in a loaner and im waiting to hear back from them. car has 6300 miles.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
TSB 10-21-3

3.7l and 5.0l - fuel gauge indicator drops from approximately 1/2 to empty

Attachments

• tsb10-21-03.pdf
    47.5 KB · Views: 217

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I've had this issue. Two Ford dealerships told me nothing was wrong. So I went home, put a 2 gallon gas can in my trunk and drove around until I ran out of gas. Disconnected the NEG battery terminal for 15 minutes, then reconnected it. The gauge showed empty as it should have. Put in the two gallons of gas, drove to a service station and filled up.

Haven't had the issue since then. Maybe the fuel gauge's initial self calibration got screwed up or something. But having done this, it works fine now. I told the two Ford dealerships about it and they've had success with doing it to at least one other car. So might be worth a shot.

But it does worry me the TSB says it could be an intermittent problem. But it happened for a week straight and it's now been two weeks since I did that reset procedure and it's not happened again. Not yet anyway.

Thank you for posting this though. I'm keeping a copy so I can print it out and take to the dealerships and see if they've gotten it yet.

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Son of a bitch, it did it again today. I was at 1/4 tank, turned off the car while I went inside a store, came back out and it was showing empty. I friggin jinxed myself with that last post.

Reaction score
Son of a bitch, it did it again today. I was at 1/4 tank, turned off the car while I went inside a store, came back out and it was showing empty. I friggin jinxed myself with that last post.

Owned by ford once again! :chairfall:

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
I thought Ford was making better cars now, apparently I was misinformed.

So you don't think the new 2011 MY Mustang w/5.0L & 6 speed transmission is an improvement over the S197 when it was first released back in 2005?

Here's some facts: There have only been 2 TSBs on the 2011 MY 5.0L Mustang. In the first year of production back in 2005 there were 14 TSBs released. That list has now grown to 67 TSBs. You don't think that's an improvement?

If your only going to bitch about Ford's quality I'll quit posting TSBs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back