Poor Spanky!! The story of my 2011 GT

19cobra99

Reaction score
Sometime around May 10 I was coming home from work cruising south on 182nd St to go on Miramar parkway. The light was red so i was slowing down, but the as I approached the light turned green so I put the car in 2nd and gave a bit of throttle, the car responded but then kind of hiccuped... recovered and continued to pull strong. Just about 20 seconds later the check engine light came on. Well I got home and pulled the code, a P0300 randome misfire. So I cleared the code and went to sleep. The next day or so the light came back on and the same code. Finally a day or two later, a P0308 cylinde #8 misfire. I knew that there was a problem. Well since my kids were coming to stay with me I kept the car parked and drove around in my CC. On June 6 I took the car to Maroone Ford of Miami. Well a few days or so later I get wind of a rumor from within our community that my car blew up because I was running nitrous. I asked around and found out that the technician at Ford suspected me of running nitrous and called it in to Ford's internal technical hotline. Now that's bullshit!!! Everyone here that knows me, Knows that I've never sprayed any of my cars!. I went to the dealership and questioned the service advisor, apparently after looking at my engine and surroundings, the tech saw a "plug" in my intake tube and said there is wheere I had installed the nitrous. He was refering to the gay ass sound transfer tube. I had eliminated this gay piece of Ford engineering because I didn't like the "artificial" sound. Since the hose was no longer present I had to install a plug. I used a rubber freeze plug. Now on the firewall since there was a hole there too, I used a trunk plug. This is where the shit gets good. The tech and Ford's super engineering department, perform a battery of tests to find what modifications had been made to the car. Instead of trying to find out what was actually wrong with my car, they focused on how they can void my warranty. They looked high and low, for additional wires, drill holes for bottle mounting, all sorts of shit, THEY FOUND NOTHING!!!! The advisor called me several times to tell me that Ford hadn't made a determination on my warranty. After about a week or so, finally I get a call saying that Ford had approved to pull the motor and for the tec to determine if a long or short block was needed...... Then out of the blue a few days ago I get a call from the service advisor to tell me that Ford had sent and email to hault the repairs on my car. I follow up and talk to the service manager and he tells me that something came up and that Ford voided my warranty. The explanation I got was that they "found" that I had an aftermarket program installed. No other details were given to me. Now I need some help from you guys, I'm gathering information of other cases similar to mine, I've filled a couple of complaints and I have to prove that mine isn't an isolated case, that others have had the same problem. There are cars our there that are running boost and no problems and there have also been completely stock cars that have had the misfire and Ford has swept this under the rug. I have a very very reliable source and he has info of other cars. Heck, here's something for you to think about before you guys start with the comments, Ford just released their Power Pak, comes with their "locked" tuner, a drop in K&N filter and high flow mufflers...... A customer up north puchased this kit had it installed and BLEW UP # 8!!!! Now he went to warranty and they replaced his engine.. This was told to my source by a Ford SVE engineer that works in the calibration department..... The motors do have a flaw, not all of them, just about 6,500 of them.. More to come

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
What a wall of text that is! Dude, a LOT of people are going to see this post and not even read it, especially if you're posting on multiple Mustang forums.

With that said, I have one question. Did you leave your after-market tune on the car or, did you return the car to stock? If you returned it to stock, did you put the stock intake back on?

What mods did you have to your car? Did you remove them before going to Ford?

ClassJ

Powershifter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Still would like to know what happened to the car to cause the misfire? Regardless of anything else, if the tune you used caused the cyl to go lean or whatnot, it is your fault (or the tuner's fault).

Regarding mods and dealer voiding warrantee's, if you hand a dealer a gun and bullets, and load it for them, it is very likely they will pull the trigger.

19cobra99

Reaction score
The tech performed a battery of test and all came up NEGATIVE, no evidence of a tune or nitrous. The car only has a Magnaflow over axle and mufflers.

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
They can tell if you have had a tune on the car even if you have removed.
They will void the warranty for it. You are not alone in this.

It is a flaw with the engine, but if you did indeed have an aftermarket tune you are SOL. Cant really blame Ford. The warrant the car they sell you. If you start modifying it in any way, than it is no longer what they sold you.

If it has no tune ever installed, then they are lying and I would get an attorney.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What a wall of text that is! Dude, a LOT of people are going to see this post and not even read it, especially if you're posting on multiple Mustang forums.

With that said, I have one question. Did you leave your after-market tune on the car or, did you return the car to stock? If you returned it to stock, did you put the stock intake back on?

What mods did you have to your car? Did you remove them before going to Ford?

+1 lol skipped the ops post and read yours, told me averything I needed to know lol

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Time for some CSP!! (Charlie Sheen Protocol)::thumb2:

Drive it to a parking lot and shoot a flare off in the back seat. Collect insurance. Done.:nk::roflmao:

Last edited:

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
When the problem 1st occurred whose tune were you running? What is your strategy code ?

Last edited:

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
OP, that sucks.

For those who are too lazy to read the original post but still feel the need to comment or criticize, here's a summary:
The OP's car is completely stock except for cat-back exhaust. He's having misfire problems and took it back to the dealer. The dealer voided his warranty claiming the car was modified with nitrous and an aftermarket tune.

OP, I would contact a lawyer.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I understand if you cannot comment on an aftermarket tune for legal reasons. Still wondering if the strategy code on some of the PCMs could be a common factor.

Last edited:

19cobra99

Reaction score
Let's just say that when the tec and tec hotline did the tests, all came up negative! I talked to the service manager who was just as shocked as I when he got the email to cease work on my car.

no evidence of a nitrous kit, no evidence of a tune, nothing. This is what the service manager told me, now the customer service manager from the 1-800 number I called told me voided due to programer. The word is that they found the info online somewhere.... look me up, ricanracer140 or 19cobra99 from south florida, tell me what you guys find

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
I may be wrong and if I am I apologize, But my gut feeling tells me I smell Bull Shit.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
This is the 3rd person that I've heard with this problem. I'd like to see a link pointing to 6500 though.

19cobra99

Reaction score
This is the 3rd person that I've heard with this problem. I'd like to see a link pointing to 6500 though.

yeah, no links..this info is from a source that has direct contact with Ford employee and I have been sworn to not reveal his i.d. Hope you understand. But some more interesting info. A guy from somewhere up north bought Ford's new power pack that has a locked tuner, drop in K&N filter and I think axle backs. The kit was instaled and shortly after his #8 took a shit. He took the car into service and they replaced his engine. My guy commented to his friend "guess the problem isn't the tune" and there was silence

Mach1Marauder

LARGE MEMBER
Reaction score
yeah, no links..this info is from a source that has direct contact with Ford employee and I have been sworn to not reveal his i.d. Hope you understand. But some more interesting info. A guy from somewhere up north bought Ford's new power pack that has a locked tuner, drop in K&N filter and I think axle backs. The kit was instaled and shortly after his #8 took a shit. He took the car into service and they replaced his engine. My guy commented to his friend "guess the problem isn't the tune" and there was silence

Elaborate more.

With what you've said here, it doesn't point to a mechanical issue.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
cochran_gravestone_sm.jpg

May wanna give this guy a call after you dig him up. Sounds like you're in need.:crazy:

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Does you connection have a guess what these engines have in common. Build date, strategy codes, etc...

Back