New England Chit Chat

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I think I've made my decision about the car... :/

As you can tell from the face, I'm really set on selling it. If anybody knows somebody looking for a 3v vert, let me know. Those who have seen the car know its clean, and I have the title in hand.

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do for the mods on the car. I feel like if I try to sell it privately, nobody would be interested in the mods on the car. However, maybe somebody would? Not sure, looking for some input here, I feel either way de-modding it and selling the mods will net the most profit. If I was trading to a dealer I would definitely de-mod it.

Will I be picking up a GT500 vert as planned? You bet, but now just isn't the time. The way I see it I'd hope to get $20ish for the car (based on local pricing), and then another 3 for all the mods. That gives me 23 in the bank, and I'd save $150/month for not needing a garage.

So over the course of the next year, that's 24 I can put down towards the Shelby, or maybe a house, or maybe both! Maybe I'll wait another year and get a 13, who knows! Finances have been all over the place since Em was layed off, but will steady out now that she got a job.

I just can't justify a giant lump of money sitting in the garage that I never drive. Its too far to work to commute, only to suck up gas, and every weekend I've been super busy with other things. If I were to DD it, well, I wouldn't of come to this decision. If I were to DD it, I would get the Shelby, because I'd drive it. It would just kill me on gas costs, and driving it in the winter would make me cry inside.

Now, its obvious, but I want to let people know anyway, I won't be going anywhere forum wise, I'll just need a ride whenever we go on cruises!

On the back-burner, for things I'll need when I return to stock, and what part I have on the car that we could potentially swap + cash if you want it. Also

Mufflers - Borla Stingers, Excellent condition

Manifolds and Midpipe - ARH 1 5/8" LT's + O/R H, these will get all the bitches!

Over-Axle pipes - Mine have been cut and have JPC resonators in place

CMDP plates - I have deletes, not that anybody cares because everybody has blowers

Intake - I have a tun-able inductions intake

Tailights & stock bulb harness - I have the 2010 style smoked with sequential kit (Kevin kinda called dibs on this one, lol)

Side-markers - I have smoked ones, would go well with tails (*Cough* Kevin *Cough*)

Stock shift knob - Have a Grabberpony GT ball, might keep that as a memento!

If you have stock stuff laying around you want to get rid of, let me know and I'll take it off your hands since I'll need it at some point.

AAAAAND thats all I can think of.

*sigh*

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
trade me over axle pipes :3 + monies?

headers are so tempting :c

Also you forgot you have LCAs

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Sure, you can get my sweet resonators.

Headers would be so fun dude! Let that motor breathe!

LCA's will go on the shelby :D, and I have my stock ones

im worried about fitment on the headers since i have different motor mounts...i think i will pass unless we do a mega fast install in early august and then i'd have to get retuned etc....kevin should buy em :beerdrink:

Are we still on for sat? I was thinking maybe we could swing by Joe's and have em swap the over axle pipes after

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
im worried about fitment on the headers since i have different motor mounts...i think i will pass unless we do a mega fast install in early august and then i'd have to get retuned etc....kevin should buy em :beerdrink:

Are we still on for sat? I was thinking maybe we could swing by Joe's and have em swap the over axle pipes after

I'll give you a call, to lazy to type

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Anyone know anyone who wants to buy furniture?

Futon, bed/mattress, table w/ chairs, desks, floor lamps, computer chair...?

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Blower, elbow, TB, and injectors have been sold! To the same guy I bought them from a year ago, haha!

Kevin, when do you want to come by and swap exterior parts? Here's what I was thinking price wise.

Tails($150 new) + Sequentials ($140 new) = $290 - $140 for your stock stuff = $150 sound fair?

Front signals($40) + side markers (did myself) = $20 sound good?

Should take roughly 45min to swap everything. Unless your plastic parts have rusted... :/

Let me know when you want to come by and swap stuff!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back