Dyno finally done

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to having Mike at MAP do the finish tune on my setup. I was going to delay for some further mods I was considering but changed my mind. I talked it over with Mike and I wanted a safe everyday tune that I could run without worrying about a bad load of gas burning up a piston.

The final, with very conservative timing and 15# total boost, is 507 hp with 466 TQ. I know some of you will think it's not that much power but remember this is a turbo automatic and they don't show HP well on the dyno. The butt dyno feels great compared to the 10# base tune I was running.

Here is the final pull. Just look at that AF, when the boost really comes in, it's a rock solid 11.8 for rest of the pull.

DYNO.jpg

The IAT's, fuel pump duty cycles and all other parameters were great. I may do some full power pulls on race gas next spring, just to see what it's capable of. For now, I am very happy with the results and want to thank Mike for all his help.

Earl

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice Earl! Glad to hear it all worked out, you have gone through a lot with your car!

Time to turn it loose at the track and see how it does. Wish you could make the track rental on the 28th.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
500HP is nothing to sneeze at! Car looks fantastic and I'd rather have a tune I can actually drive the car with and have drivable manners than a beast that's hard to control and you're always working on it. Good choice on staying conservative IMO.

Nice!!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guy's. white05gt, the nice thing about driving a turbo on the street is I can still have full boost at only partial throttle so it is very easy to control. The throttle application is like stock and at part throttle the boost comes in very smoothly. When I really nail it the boost will knock your socks off though. I have my winter set of wheels on now and the BFG KDW's will not handle full power but my summer set with the M/T's work great and will hold full power on the street. The car is great for street drivability and since that is what I want for the car, I am very happy.

Earl

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dyno numbers mean shit. Thats a nice power curve you have and the tune looks real safe. Perfect for street use. Run that thing at the track again and beat guys with more "horsepower" than you..:clap:

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dyno numbers mean shit. Thats a nice power curve you have and the tune looks real safe. Perfect for street use. Run that thing at the track again and beat guys with more "horsepower" than you..:clap:

Exactly. I bet that car is a monster on the strip.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back