Boss intake Tune Suggestions

Zilairin

Reaction score
I'm going to be installing a Boss intake on 2012 GT with a Parnelli Jones #13 of 15 cf Airaid CAI with GT500 over axles and axlebacks. I am just on the fence when it comes to the tune. I know they are all good but I am indecisive. Does anyone know who has had the most success with the Boss Intake tune? So far Im thinking Steeda, Lund, BBR or Bama. Thanks for your suggestions. I've posted on couple other boards for some good diversity hopefully.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think you should tune it yourself. Only way to make sure it's done right, right?

Zilairin

Reaction score
I think you should tune it yourself. Only way to make sure it's done right, right?

Lol I wish I had the resource but I don't and I respect the experience that tuners have. I am trying to get opinions on the success of the different tuners on the Boss intake with the Airaid Intake.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
We've done quite a bit with the Boss manifolds, including a lot of the initial tuning with the magazines with it. We've seen some pretty decent gains with it, however, keep in mind, the low end torque will decrease.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to be installing a Boss intake on 2012 GT with a Parnelli Jones #13 of 15 cf Airaid CAI with GT500 over axles and axlebacks. I am just on the fence when it comes to the tune. I know they are all good but I am indecisive. Does anyone know who has had the most success with the Boss Intake tune? So far Im thinking Steeda, Lund, BBR or Bama. Thanks for your suggestions. I've posted on couple other boards for some good diversity hopefully.

Success with tuning the Boss intake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngcQtQ9iiLM

I'd say so. :hi:

We have also installed and tuned alot of them and were the first to dyno test one back to back against the stock intake. (published on Stang TV). I'd be happy to consult with you on your tuning needs.

Give us a call if we can be of any help. :beerchug2:

JJ

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Lund. He has tuned or had a hand in almost every single performance benchmark on these cars so far.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lund. He has tuned or had a hand in almost every single performance benchmark on these cars so far.

I agree.

Also why have the comments that were made in this thread been deleted. Isn't it fair that we as a forum of enthusiast provide a potential buyer with information that may be helpful in their purchase? I mean who really wants to be left out in the cold after making a purchase. Isn't this chit chat?? Censorship at its worst imo. So does gtmiller need to start a bad vendors thread similar to the bad sellers thread??? He is a friend and I'm not gonna sit by and be censored because BBR screwed the pooch. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I agree.

Also why have the comments that were made in this thread been deleted. Isn't it fair that we as a forum of enthusiast provide a potential buyer with information that may be helpful in their purchase? I mean who really wants to be left out in the cold after making a purchase. Isn't this chit chat?? Censorship at its worst imo. So does gtmiller need to start a bad vendors thread similar to the bad sellers thread??? He is a friend and I'm not gonna sit by and be censored because BBR screwed the pooch. Just my 2 cents.

The posts were deleted because all you guys want to do is turn the threads into bash threads instead of simply answering the person's question. I'm tired of people jumping on bash wagons when have the people on the wagon have nothing to do with the situation. If I was censoring what happened, his thread would have been deleted. Everyone knows what happened and people can base their purchases from people that post that are the ones that had the experience, not a friend of a friend. Nothing against you, i'm just not going to spend every minute of what time I have available on here trying to clean up threads.

As for the ops question, i've only personally used Brenspeed and ST Motorsports and both were excellent tunes. I could name others, but these are the only two I have used so far and i'm only going to recommend people I have personally used.

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
So if you have a friend that had a specific tune, you can't give feedback on it? I worked on Greg's car with him. I know exactly what issues were going on. I even helped him de-mod it.

If someone asks about tuners, and specifically asks about BBR tunes (as this OP did) you are goddamn right I will give my opinion. Although I have not had a BBR tune, I have first hand experience with them. Plenty of time working the laptop trying to data log them, etc.

Deleting posts like that is BS.

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
So if you have a friend that had a specific tune, you can't give feedback on it? I worked on Greg's car with him. I know exactly what issues were going on. I even helped him de-mod it.

If someone asks about tuners, and specifically asks about BBR tunes (as this OP did) you are goddamn right I will give my opinion. Although I have not had a BBR tune, I have first hand experience with them. Plenty of time working the laptop trying to data log them, etc.

Deleting posts like that is BS.

You kept drinking after we left didn't you lol

As far as the original question, don't get a BBR tune. Ever. That is first hand experience. As stated above, I'd go with Lund. I've tried numerous people and stand behind his tuning more than anyone for driveability and power.

Lots of people think he's a dick or doesn't answer in a timely manner. I did as well before actually talking to him and employing his services. He's ex-military, married, has kids and is a corporate pilot. This tuning thing is a side job for him, so you'll have to understand how busy that can get. You may have to send him a few emails if you don't get answered immediately but I think it's worth it.

Ever watch Seinfeld? If so, think of the soup Nazi :) May be hard to get to the front of that line but it's damn good soup!

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I will send you a pm Jew. Like it or not, I posted how its going to be. For every one person that had an issue, there are hundreds that haven't had a problem, but on the internet, the one that had a problem is the loudest. There is good and bad with any shop and I have no problem with the problem being posted. I do have a problem when people try to chime in on multiple posts bashing a place. I'll pm you too to help you understand my view on it. If you think things were deleted to cover for someone, you are sadly mistaken. Personally I made this site for members, not for making money from vendors.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks Ken. Just recently had a customer give me some feedback on a recent Lund Boss Manifold tune. He absolutely loved it, he also got the ghost cam option with his Lethal O/R X Pipe (already had the JLT intake)

OP,
Here's a link to the tunes we can have Lund do for you. Just list the vehicle mods and the custom tune will be made for you vehicle.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/20...0l-mustang-gt-custom-tune-by-jon-lund-p-35350

If you need the handheld programmer as well, here's where you can find the combo (device and tune)
http://www.lethalperformance.com/20...x3-handheld-flash-device-custom-tuned-p-34680

Typically, it'll take about 24 hours to get your tune loaded to the device and shipped out. We will install the tune for you so by the time you get it it's just plug and play.

Feel free to give us a call with any other questions, or shoot me a PM

John

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
I will send you a pm Jew. Like it or not, I posted how its going to be. For every one person that had an issue, there are hundreds that haven't had a problem, but on the internet, the one that had a problem is the loudest. There is good and bad with any shop and I have no problem with the problem being posted. I do have a problem when people try to chime in on multiple posts bashing a place. I'll pm you too to help you understand my view on it. If you think things were deleted to cover for someone, you are sadly mistaken. Personally I made this site for members, not for making money from vendors.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ive had personal dealings with BBR and their customer service SUCKS!

Like I said in a post that was censored by the powers that be: Check out other vendors here on the site. Lito, JJ@WMS, Amazon, etc...

Last edited:

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
I have had several Boss intake tunes. BBR (it was ok), Lund (ok but slower than BBR), and, CRT Performance ( Best tune). CRT took my data logs and tweaked cam timing to optimize the performance and also worked with me until the car drove how I wanted it to. The CRT tune is the quickest (at the track) and best driving tune I have had with the Boss intake.
BBR and Lund did not want to look at my logs to optimize the tune for my specific combo.

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
If those are your only mods you will probably be disappointed in the boss intake no matter who you get a tune from.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back