Brisk plugs suck bad

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Five of eight came out fine using the normal soak and pray technique. The remaining three all rounded off, despite using the right socket. Two of them had the stem come out, probably wasn't even attached while I was driving around. One of them broke the same way the stock, shitty plugs do. And why they even rust at all is beyond me. I'm definitely sticking to HT0s from now on. Eat shit, Brisk engineers.

/ rant
// I really need a fucking beater car

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
Five of eight came out fine using the normal soak and pray technique. The remaining three all rounded off, despite using the right socket. Two of them had the stem come out, probably wasn't even attached while I was driving around. One of them broke the same way the stock, shitty plugs do. And why they even rust at all is beyond me. I'm definitely sticking to HT0s from now on. Eat shit, Brisk engineers.

/ rant
// I really need a fucking beater car

wow those look like they came off a junkyard engine. nasty.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I have Brisks in there now but I don't think I'll be buying them again. Way, way overpriced.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im on my third set of HT0's I replace them every 10k miles or every year basicly, they have always looked great coming out, no issues.

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
I've tried Brisk plugs off and on with my '99 and '08 Mustangs and they bring absolutely no benefit vs. cost. In my '99, I had one of them break off the tips and drop into the cylinder. Not good and very expensive.

In my '08, I picked up a intermittent miss after about 200 miles. Removed the plugs and reinstalled the HT0's I had removed and the miss was gone competely. Inspected the plugs and could see a couple of cracks.

I'll never buy, nor recommend them ever again.

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Holy shit! I didn't know Brisk plugs sucked that bad! Thankfully, no one had the ones in stock I was thinking about ordering. Think I'll go with a different make now.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I'm surprised at the rust. I had a set in for a year that had been used in another car for that amount of time as well. No rust. Do you live near the sea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I just ordered a set, go figure! The opinions about Brisks and hto's are about the same though.

GerRod

forum member
Reaction score
I ran 2 sets in my supercharged F150 without any problems and a set in the Mustang without any problems. They certainly didn't look like OP's plugs when they came out, Jesus!!!

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
there is the spray and pray method but it should also be combined with warming the motor all the way to temperature and then removing the #7 and #8 plugs first.

also if you used PB blaster it is a good idea to get a rag and a thick screwdriver and clean out the spark plug bores.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
sorry to hear that!!! I haven't had any running problems with my brisk. I havent tried to take them out put they looked quality to me. Ill try to pull mine out and see what they look like tonight.

there is the spray and pray method but it should also be combined with warming the motor all the way to temperature and then removing the #7 and #8 plugs first.

also if you used PB blaster it is a good idea to get a rag and a thick screwdriver and clean out the spark plug bores.

i got my stock ones out with 55XXX miles with it warm and pb blaster. No problems at all. Thats my recommendation

Last edited by a moderator:

Scuba-Matt

Boost freak
Reaction score
Tried them in my Lightning. They sucked performance wise. I had them out the same day they went in. I always had my best luck with NGK plugs.

bcb06gt

Reaction score
Yes, 12MM NGK ;-)

I opted for only using HT0 on customer cars, installed a few of the "new technology" SS tipped ones, let's see how good they hold.

What NGK is equivalent to the HT0 plug? It is about time to change the HT0 on the blower.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back