bigwilly43729's pic/build thread: PW GT/CS

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Figured I'd start a build/pic thread as well.

Quick background: I had a 2005 Sonic Blue GT, but tough times forced me to sell it in 2011.

Picture001.jpg

A lot of time and energy went into that car and it will be missed.

Fast forward to 2012. A new job meant a new car. Enter my 2012 Performance White GT/California Special.

b0498c9f.jpg

I loved the old car, but I have to admit that this one is better in every possible way. Faster, smoother, SYNC, etc. The automatic transmission shifts so easily and when you ask for power, it gives it to you without any hesitation. Could probably use a little gear for stoplight action; I have stock 3.15's :( But other than that, I really liked it in stock trim.

Working on the car can be fun, but it can also be a huge headache, something I don't want to deal with as much this go around. I don't have the time or quite the desire I used to have like I did on the old one, so I wanted something that was more 'complete' right out of the box. I mostly wanted this because of the wheels and some of the accessories that it came with (HID's, lower fascia, no freaking foglights). Didn't want to have to buy all that stuff after the fact. I have no plans to drag race it either, so that should seriously curb any outlandish modding/spending I want to do.

But that doesn't mean there won't be mods...

d7d6d3a5.jpg

d784f50e.jpg

e5c27de6.jpg

I would have had better and more pics, but I've been having some camera issues. These pics are with my new iphone. Not too bad IMO.

Mod list as of right now:

Eibach Pro-Kit

UMI adjustable LCA's

BMR panhard bar

Pypes Pype Bomb Axle-back (damn it's loud, lol)

25mm wheel spacers all the way around

JLT Oil Separator (passenger and drivers side)

There will be more stuff, but unfortunately, it will be a slow process. I have some travel to do for work this summer and it's going to bring modding to a halt and football season is basically a 2nd job for me, lol. But we will get there.

Thanks for tuning in! Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Great looking car!!! Glad you were able to get back in to a Stang again!

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I think those rims would look better on mine. I have to admit, that's one of the better rims I've seen come from the factory.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
great to see you back in the game. life has its ups and downs but we are lucky if we can ride the wave to better days. congrats man, enjoy and take your time. theres no reason to rush anything.

Phuck Phace

forum member
Reaction score
Nice, those wheel spacers are much needed. Looking forward to seeing your future mods. (Our cars are twins) :beer:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Working on the car can be fun, but it can also be a huge headache, something I don't want to deal with as much this go around. I don't have the time or quite the desire I used to have like I did on the old one, so I wanted something that was more 'complete' right out of the box. I mostly wanted this because of the wheels and some of the accessories that it came with (HID's, lower fascia, no freaking foglights). Didn't want to have to buy all that stuff after the fact. I have no plans to drag race it either, so that should seriously curb any outlandish modding/spending I want to do.

But that doesn't mean there won't be mods...

Great looking car. I think that you are on the right track with your current set up and your future plans. It's so easy to get carried away with these cars, and make them where you hate working on them/driving them, especially if it's a DD. Been there done that. I am trying to take a similar approach to my car as you are with yours. I don't know if it's because I am getting older or more mature (I like to think mature LOL) I think your car looks great now, and will be even better with a few simple mods. Then just drive it and enjoy it!

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, got out this weekend and did a little work. Added the H-pipe that was was shown earlier, a C&L intake and a Lund tune.

IMG_0145.jpg

Had to switch back to stock for the exhaust as the Pypes were just too loud. I sounded like a fighter jet leaving my neighborhood. I'm sure it would have become an issue eventually. Plus the drone was unbearable at highway speeds.

It doesn't sound too bad, but not really aggressive enough for my taste. Still trying to figure out what direction to go with an exhaust system. Thinking GT500 and having the resonators removed, but not sure yet.

Also picked up a set of Saleen quarter window scoops. Here are some progress pics:

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

This guy needed a little work after an accident with some masking tape.

IMG_0147.jpg

This is the other one with the black painted.

IMG_0146.jpg

Still waiting for the masked one to dry before removing the paint. I'm going for something similar to this:

2011_saleen_s302_prf_ns_60310_717.jpg

I'll put up pics of the results later. These were painted with Duplicolor color matched Performance White spray paint. Pretty damn accurate color match IMO.

Last edited:

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man, you need the loudness, you drive a STANG

Haha, true. I want it to sound like my old car to be honest (LT's, hi-flow cats, Magnaflows). That was perfect. I just don't want to drop $650 on some Magnaflows now though. Maybe I'll get lucky in the classifieds.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back