Twin screw, anyone? ;)

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Working on a prototype..

2.JPG

5.JPG

Already have one running on a new Fusion.. So, it's just a matter of relocating a few misc. things, and changing up the drive system a tad.

Travis

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
About F'n time someone did this with the 3.7!!!

Very curious/interested in the results.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Crap, now I have to worry about V-6's LOL

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
Working on a prototype..

2.JPG

5.JPG

Already have one running on a new Fusion.. So, it's just a matter of relocating a few misc. things, and changing up the drive system a tad.

Travis

sweet, oh and did you say fusion. i'm thinking about getting a fusion for my DD

JimC

Reaction score
All right - another option for the new car. I prefer the roots type over centri and thought I was going to be stuck with limited options; now a twin screw sounds really great to me! Going to be watching this with interest.

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I predict 450ish rear wheel hp with 10psi and a really nice, flat torque curve.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Might be looking for a few test vehicles this summer.. auto and manual (providing you have ditched the dual mass flywheel). ;)

jeffoden

Reaction score
Might be looking for a few test vehicles this summer.. auto and manual (providing you have ditched the dual mass flywheel). ;)

Seriously?
Are you going to be able to fit an intercooler under that bad boy? Very curious what the overall height is going to be.

And as for SoloBusa's 650HP(at the fly wheel) procharged engine, 3 of the 6 wristpins went all at once. He is running new fuel rails with E85 too.

Last edited:

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Nothing is set in stone as of yet, but it's looking that way. :)

Of course, we'll try to package everything under the stock hood, BUT.. a slight cowl may be required. If so, it won't be much of one.

Travis

We're going to aim for 450-500whp on pump gas.. Probably 10-12psi if I had to guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
...and looky here...yer a local! Awesome! :beer:

Edit: Oh any pics/vids of that Fusion you got up and running?

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
What size blower is that?

I really look forward to seeing this play out. There's a story I read not too long ago about a guy who has a custom turbo on his 2012 V6 Mustang and is making right at 460rwhp and 400ft/lb of torque. He can smoke bolt on 5.0L Mustang's like mine all day long. He said not only is his insurance really cheap for the sixxer, but that he can still get 28-29mpg on the highway at 70mph and get's 22 in the city as long as he stay's out of boost. Now that's impressive as hell!

Being belt drive, I don't see the same MPG #'s for a blown 3.7L but still, having that kind of HP on tap is a wonderful thing! And I bet it will kick my GT's ass and get much better gas mileage while doing it. Be one hell of a sleeper, that's for sure!

JimC

Reaction score

Michigan is a long way from Louisiana, but if you're serious count me in for consideration! I have my 2013 on order, race red convertible with automatic.

jeffoden

Reaction score
Nothing is set in stone as of yet, but it's looking that way. :)

Of course, we'll try to package everything under the stock hood, BUT.. a slight cowl may be required. If so, it won't be much of one.

Travis

From the looks of it, definetly a slight cowl at least. I always prefer sleepers, so if you can fit the blower and intercooler under a 4" or 5" hood that'd be great. 10-12 is A LOT of boost, you'll probably need forged internals with that much power. SoloBusa lost 3 wrist pins all at once with that much boost, doing all new motor now.
Wish I lived closer, and mine wasn't a daily driver...

FiK

Reaction score
From the looks of it, definetly a slight cowl at least. I always prefer sleepers, so if you can fit the blower and intercooler under a 4" or 5" hood that'd be great. 10-12 is A LOT of boost, you'll probably need forged internals with that much power. SoloBusa lost 3 wrist pins all at once with that much boost, doing all new motor now.
Wish I lived closer, and mine wasn't a daily driver...
Me too, man, me too.

Trav4011 said:
Could you do me a huge favor, sir, and measure the height setup from the lower intake up to the top of the SC? Basically want something to compare it with what we know about the stock placement/dimensions. And just because it bears re-askin': Which model SC is that?

I'd still like to know what you've done with those ecoboost manifolds, too! Thanks for your time.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back