2012 5.0 Caught on fire last night? Wtf?

FivePointOh

forum member
Reaction score
So i got woken up at 4:45am last night with the fire dept and chief and also the police dept banging on my door. When i opened the door they asked if i was the owner of the red 5.0 outside and i said yes, after that, they just straight up said my car was on fire. When i literally ran naked outside i find my car straight shit burned to the floor basically. Pieces of my baby was straight melted on the fucking floor and still are. Thank god the car had 1mi till empty if not i imagine what could of happened, knowing that my neighbor has 3 babies under 6yr of age with her, single mother, that isn't even the problem, wtf really did happen here? The fire chief said that hes aware of GT's catching on fire but has never seen a 2012 catch on fire. Mods where a JLT CAI, Lund tune, and a lethal O/R X.

Pics are being uploaded......

ModTechRacing

forum member
Reaction score
Wow man!! Did you have a stereo systems put in the car? I haven't heard of these mustangs just going up like that.

FivePointOh

forum member
Reaction score
BEFORE

IMG_05641.jpg

IMG_05631.jpg

AFTER
IMG_06981.jpg

IMG_06971.jpg

IMG_07001.jpg

IMG_06941.jpg

Wow man!! Did you have a stereo systems put in the car? I haven't heard of these mustangs just going up like that.

Nope, only mods were the ones listed above, John Lund tuned, O/R X and JLT CAI.

Last edited by a moderator:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
damn.. I dont know if the police can investigate something like this(for free), or maybe get some kind of inspector out there. either way let us know what is found out. I cant figure out what would cause a cold/non-running car to start on fire.. maybe some ass holes did it..

ModTechRacing

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry about your situation man! That really sucks! Hopefully you have gap and will be in a new one in no time at all.

FivePointOh

forum member
Reaction score
damn.. I dont know if the police can investigate something like this(for free), or maybe get some kind of inspector out there. either way let us know what is found out. I cant figure out what would cause a cold/non-running car to start on fire.. maybe some ass holes did it..

I have no idea either, the fire chief is going to investigate he said and he gave me his card with a case number and said he was going to stay in touch with me. But as of now idk wtf to think.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
This exact same thing happened to this girl who is a facebook friend of mine and her 2011 5.0 Fire spontaneously happened from the engine.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Better it happen now than 5 years later when the car isn't worth enough to by a new one. Still sucks.

5.0H

forum member
Reaction score
Damn dude that's awful. Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you get it straightened out and you get yourself in a '13 or something real soon. Let us know what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saud alzaabi

forum member
Reaction score
With your mods and model there is no way it will light up on its own, even if you had a stereo installed or some shit. Thats because in 20~30 mins of car switched off, everything gets dissconnected from car except the anti theft.

a question though, arent the hoods aluminum ? so why is it burnt like that ? I know the temp was high but notice the way the hood got bent.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Umm wtf? I'm thinking someone set your shit on fire man.
sorry for your loss.

Cars just don't catch on fire sitting in a parking lot off.

RickIsYoDaddy

Reaction score
dam man, sorry to hear about your loss. It definately sounds like arson. If it was, i hope the d-bag who did it accidently sets himself on fire

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back