If you Drag Race, PLEASE weld your axle tubes.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I like, looks compact.
I am assuming we will have to drill a hole into the tubes for that extra pin on the clamp doohicky?

jsiss

Reaction score
I just took mine to the track last weekend, brand new tires! And now I have crazy wheel hop @ 80mph.... Could this be caused? If so do I have a shop fix it? Or is there anything I can do?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Until the mold release agent gets worn off new tires, they don't have as much traction as they eventually will.

More information would help, like axle gears, is it a manual transmission and it's hopping on a brutal upshift, etc.

Norm

jsiss

Reaction score
Until the mold release agent gets worn off new tires, they don't have as much traction as they eventually will.

More information would help, like axle gears, is it a manual transmission and it's hopping on a brutal upshift, etc.

Norm

Norm... Anytime I let off the gas or just press on the gas to maintain.... I have 3.73 gears and manual transmission... When I first got the tires, no hop... Until the next morning I noticed my radar detector bouncing and I'm shaking. at lower speeds it's there but not as bad, but at 80 miles per hour it's annoying.

jeff s

Reaction score
What's happening with this?
Is it just part of the Watts link setup?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We changed our design from the drawing up above. Sigh...

It just invited/brought on too much complication, and the possibility of too many user-end errors that would result in me doing "tech" all day long, everyday, just for the axle brace.

Our only other option is to make one that mounts outward at the LCA mounts, like the others do. Ours will be a step above the rest though, I promise.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
What's happening with this?
Is it just part of the Watts link setup?

It "was" going to be either the Watts, or the Brace....you have to choose which one you run.

Now....I believe we are going to be able to make it user friendly for anyone.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
We changed our design from the drawing up above. Sigh...

It just invited/brought on too much complication, and the possibility of too many user-end errors that would result in me doing "tech" all day long, everyday, just for the axle brace.

Our only other option is to make one that mounts outward at the LCA mounts, like the others do. Ours will be a step above the rest though, I promise.
Ugh, can you make a version for people who are not retards? Lol

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
Subbed for the axle brace! Anything? I'd really hate to order a CHE and leave my relo brackets in the bag and just not run any...i'm lowered almost 2 inches, i'd really like to bolt them in WITHOUT tearing my tubes apart.

jeff s

Reaction score
I wasn't able to wait any longer for the new BMR brace, so I went ahead and solved the axle rotation issue at least by improving on the bolt/pinning method described earlier in the thread.

I used 3 1/4" Unbrako ASTM-A574 Dry Seal NPT plugs per tube. These are stronger than Gr. 8 hardware, sit flush with both the tube OD and ID, are self retaining, and won't leak.

plug_zpsb6117858.jpg

Pretty happy with the appearance of the results. Probably a decent option for those that don't have the ability or confidence in the welding.

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
I wasn't able to wait any longer for the new BMR brace, so I went ahead and solved the axle rotation issue at least by improving on the bolt/pinning method described earlier in the thread.

I used 3 1/4" Unbrako ASTM-A574 Dry Seal NPT plugs per tube. These are stronger than Gr. 8 hardware, sit flush with both the tube OD and ID, are self retaining, and won't leak.

plug_zpsb6117858.jpg

Pretty happy with the appearance of the results. Probably a decent option for those that don't have the ability or confidence in the welding.

looks good, I'm assuming you took apart your axle.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score

plug_zpsb6117858.jpg

Where is the muhfuckin 'how to' man!?
So that one plug is going to be what's needed?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back